07 | the arcade

SOHEE

me and mark entered the arcade, people looked all busy with what they were doing, minding their own business. we both looked around, to check what to do here.

i heard mark's small gasp. "we should play tekken, over there!" he happily said, grabbing my arm and dragging me all the way on a two sided playing station.

i sat on the seat, while he sat on the other side. "hmm, tekken i remember this, i used to play this." i grinned, a memory popped inside my head, i felt pain on my chest, but felt more brighten too and excited.

"oh, really?! i played this with my classmates a lot, and i always win. i swear, i always win!" mark proudly said, with his chin up.

i smiled at myself. "i used to play this with small young dorks, and my uh, my boyfriend." i hung my head down, trying to hide my pain inside me.

"oh, you have a boyfriend?" mark widened his eyes, leaning to his right to see my face.

"as i said, i used to play it with him." i said, clearing my throat, was not so okay with talking about yukhei with him. "he's my ex."

"oh, okay um. let's start this game now!" he cheerfully said on the last sentence, starting the game, as the screen appeared with the "choosing a character."

i looked down at the buttons that were pasted on the table, four red buttons, and a small red poll to move in all directions.

i looked at the screen, and many characters popped out. those faces looked all familiar, all those characters faces i missed so much. i missed seeing their faces, i miss playing with them. i miss seeing what they can, their kicks, their punches and combos.

i miss playing this on the psp with those small dorks, his dolphin laughs always makes my heart melt, while that quiet, yet sweet boy would help me how to defekt azazel. oh my, am i being too emotional?

"jin kazama!" mark said with a manly voice, smacking his fist on his own shoulder, pretending to be the king kong.

i giggled at his actions, while covering my mouth. god it has been ages since i giggled. i giggle only because of yukhei's dorky personality, i miss it.

i knew who i would pick already, so i quickly clicked on him.

"wait what? i thought you would pick lilly, alyssa, christine or something like that!" mark looked surprised, with his eyes dilated.

i scoffed, smirking. "just because i am a girl, doesn't mean i pick female characters. i look for their skills, and my favorite is paul phoenix." i said, tilting my head, pretending to crack them.

mark laughed with an evil tone, cracking his fingers, rolling his white sleeves on that looked so attractive on him. he smirked, and pressed the start button.

"get ready for the next battle." the last word echoed, as it gave me goosebumps.

we waited for a couple seconds, and it started. "3 2 1 fight!" the machine spoke, as me and mark started to press on the button nonstop in sync.

i felt my heart beating fast, as a warm feeling spreaded on my chest: i was for some reason nervous. i was smiling, my eyes focused on the screen, while i took turns pressing the different types of button. pulling the poll in different ways.

"oh my god no!" mark squealed, as i punched his character jin on the face twice, decreased his life.

i looked up at our life, and smirked. "o-x, triangle and bam!" i shouted, pressing the last button, kicking jin right on the face, as he fell down the floor, not standing up again.

mark's jaw dropped, as his eyes widened cutely. gosh those eyes looks so big and cute! he slowly let go of the buttons, and looked at me.

"no way? i lost over a girl?!" he shouted, his eyebrows furrowed down as an angry yet cute expression was on his face. he pressed the button "play again."

"get ready for the next battle!"

"ready? fight!"

okay, concentrate sohee, concentrate your brain, and remember that one powerful move paul has, that yukhei thought you. i pursed my lips together, ducking on jin's punches and kicks, as i tried to remember that combo he had.

think!

think!

think!

i took a deep breath, and closed my eyes.

note: my gad! i am going to have my really least like teacher tomorrow the whole entire day! please kill me?! i don't think i would survive! i somehow feel like he doesn't like me?? urgh!