Chapter Seventy

[Wristbands: Chapter Seventy]

"Say mummy!" Aspen cooed in a cheery voice, her baby laying on her knees as Aspen held onto the girl's hands. Cassie did nothing but tilt her head and stare at Aspen like she were an maths equation.

       "Asp, I don't think she's gonna be talking for at least a few more months," Sirius said lowly, "she's only six months."

        Aspen did not react as she continued staring down at her baby with a smile. "Age doesn't matter, right, Cassie? You're going to be a smart baby, smarter than all of those other wimps." At that, Cassie began smiling, "yeah—look, Sirius, she wants to learn how to talk now so she can take down all those other babies at daycare."

        "Pretty sure she's just farting," Sirius said, then as if on queue, Cassie ripped a loud one. Sirius snorted and Aspen glared at Sirius before handing him the little girl.

        "She might've been farting, but now she just took a crap. Have fun." Aspen said smiling evilly, standing up and walking towards the kitchen before Sirius could retort.

        Once arriving she was greeted by Peter, the last few days he had been staying home. For the boys it was like he never even left. They were back to their mischief, at least Sirius and James were as they were overlooked or judged by Remus and Peter. "Gave up on her already?" Peter asked, scooping the marshmallows out of his hot chocolate and eating them.

       "No, she just took a crap so I gave her to Sirius." Aspen said, placing a kettle on the stove and making herself a cup of hot chocolate. "I'm going to teach her how to speak, though, for sure. Maybe I'll even sign her up for French classes so she'll be bilingual."

        "Why do you want her to learn all this stuff?" Peter asked with his nose scrunched. "I didn't start speaking until I was like, three, I still get by though."

       "Pete, you're just slow." Aspen said with her eyebrows scrunched. "I started speaking when I was exactly one years old, I said 'cupcake' on my birthday. Teaching Cassie how to talk even earlier than that would be amazing, plus, imagine a bilingual toddler! I want her to be a badass when she goes to Hogwarts, she's already half a badass for being a metamorphmagus."

       "Oh how fun it's going to be for Minnie," Peter snorted in sarcasm, "an eleven year old who has the power to turn into anyone she wanted and curse people out in French."

"Exactly!" Aspen said, pouring the hot chocolate into a cup. "So Pete, when are you gonna have kids, huh?"

"What? Kids? I er—I don't want kids." Peter said fast, a blush on his chubby cheeks.

"Why not?" Aspen pushed, "they're great! I don't recommend having any now, but I still want a Pettigrew niece or nephew."

"Yeah, that's not happening," Peter said uncomfortably, "I don't even have a girlfriend, where do you think I'll find someone that'd be willing to have kids with me?"