Chapter Fifty-Three

[Wristbands: Chapter Fifty-Three]

          The small group waited another twenty minutes before they left, during that time both Lily and Peter had arrived. Lily and James had a grand reunion filled with kissing and gags . . from Sirius, and Peter managed to chip a tooth while walking up the stairs. After Effie fixed it with a flick of her wand, the graduated teenagers, Effie, and Flea called for the Knights Bus and headed towards central London. By the end of the ride, Aspen was heaving for breaths as nausea was flooding up her throat. Thankfully, she was able to swallow it back down, she's never going on that bus again.

       The first place they looked at was alright in Aspens eyes, but everyone else hated it. Yes, the paint was a tad chipped and the carpets were stained yellow, but that was an easy fix. The others thought otherwise, and they continued onto a second flat. The second flat was beautiful, it's carpets and walls were clean whilst it had everything they wanted. It even had a fourth bathroom! It was on the top floor of the complex, and they took a muggle lift all the way up. The reaction of the purebloods who had never been in one had to be one of the funniest thing Aspen had ever witnessed.

      Though, they could not get the flat because of how much it costed a month to rent. The Potters were rich, and everyone had a great deal of money, but the price for that flat was bloody massive. It'd be like they were paying in dozens of golden ingots. So instead, they sadly continued onto a third flat.

    "You know," Effie began as they walked the pavement outside the complex, "you guys may not find one today, it takes time to find the perfect place."

      "But we need one now," James grumbled, "we are graduates! We can't be living with our parents, it's embarrassing."

      "It's not embarrassing," Effie scoffed. By then, everyone was listening to the interaction between the two. "though, you know what is? Insulting your parents and still having them pay for your part of the flat."

       "Sorry," James mumbled, a blush tinting on his cheeks. Lily giggled and whispered to him.

    "I love your mum."

       All the walking made Aspen tired, more tired than she already was. Embarrassingly enough, they had to make a quick stop at a cafe. Once they got moving again, Aspen was relieved a bit from the exhaustion but she was still boiling hot.

         "Alright, so the muggle man who owns the flat left the key in the mailbox, now, where's the mailbox?" Flea asked, looking around the front of the complex. Aspen chuckled as she opened the small box attached to the wall in front of him and pulled out a key. Flea nodded as he took it from her, mumbling a 'thank you.'