Chapter Forty-Nine

[Wristbands: Chapter Forty-Nine]

           Aspen felt like she was dressing for a funeral as she placed on her dress. Both she and Wendy were silent as they got ready, if either of them were to say a word they would've definitely begun to sob. So they just momentarily ignored the problem, and each other. Aspens dress was white, it went down to her knees and was fitted into her newest body shape by Timothée at the dress shop. The man seemed over ecstatic when he saw her, especially with her huge baby belly.

      Along with the dress, her nails were painted black, and her hair was in a braided bun.

Lily came to their dorm early that morning and did their hair before she left and got herself ready. The graduation was in two hours, yet Aspen was completely ready. Her trunk was packed, and she even bought a second-smaller trunk for her Nutcracker who packed his small house. Aspen was going to shrink it to a portable size before she had to leave her dorm for good. She was dreading that moment, but at the same time she was feeling much braver than the day before. She felt more ready, more established.

Wendy, who was at the other side of the room doing her makeup in another mirror, wore a beautiful red dress. Her lipstick and eyeshadow matched it, her shoes were a glittery red. Like the heels in the Wizard of Oz. To top it off, when the graduation ceremony started, they were all going to wear black robes over their clothing. Both Aspen and Wendy made sure their dresses would match the black beautifully, they were excited to see the outcome.

Aspen hadn't seen her boyfriend or any of her other friends since Lily left, she was slightly nervous to reveal herself. She never got dressed up, of course except for the dance. But that was nothing compared to this. She now had a giant stomach, plus, she was swollen everywhere. She kind of hoped people assumed it was a baby rather then just having a giant pot-belly. Growing bored, Aspen looked at her and Wendy's trunks that laid leaning against the wall near the door. Her lips grew to a frown as she sighed, looking to her feet. "I think it's time to bring them down." Wendy froze, stopping her make up as she whispered a quiet 'me too.' Aspen continued, "I can do it, I'm finished getting ready. Is there anything else you want me to bring down?"

"No, but thank you," Wendy said, turning to her friend. "Aren't you going to bring the Nutcracker house?"

"Yeah," Aspen said, walking over to it. She then pulled out her wand and pointed it at the house, she said the shrinking spell in her head and the house continued to shrink to the size of a rubix cube. Aspen smiled in satisfaction that her silent spell worked. She placed the cube into the Nutcrackers trunk and the Nutcracker, who sat at the window, continued to jump into the trunk, getting cozy in the blankets that Aspen put in it for the toy.