Chapter Sixty-Nine

[Wristbands: Chapter Sixty-Nine]

Sleeping in was one of the many perks of being a graduate. Instead of worrying about waking up at five in the morning, every morning, Aspen got to sleep in however long she wanted. Or at least however long Cassie allowed her. Everyone in the house was asleep except for Remus, who was the only one with an actual job that needed him in early mornings. Cassie, fortunately, slept like Sirius. Meaning that once she is out, she's out for ten to twelve business hours.

        Aspen was lying in the bed next to Sirius who was sleeping on his side, facing her. She stared at the ceiling, listening to the rain thumping against their glass window. She could smell pancakes being cooked meaning someone else was also awake. She didn't want to move, she wanted to relish in however long she had to herself without Sirius or Cassie bothering her. But at the same time, her stomach growled like a motorcycles roar. And it seemed like she wasn't the only one noticing it.

      Suddenly, Aspen felt a push on her side, she looked over to see Sirius asleep, stretching out. Aspen rolled her eyes and went back to staring at the ceiling. But she was once again pushed, and this time she fell off of the bed. Hitting her ankle on the table beside her. "Bloody hell!" Aspen growled, checking her ankle. She then scrunched her eyebrows and stood up. In the bed was Sirius, stretched out like a starfish with his entire back showing, peacefully sleeping regardless of the unconscious move he just made.

       Aspen grumbled and threw a pillow that went down with her at him, that only caused him to move his arm slightly. Aspen shook her head and took herself being pushed out of bed as a sign to go eat food. She then put on a hoodie and left her room. The hallway was decorated with fairy lights along the walls, there was also confetti on the ground from when Aspen and Sirius celebrated their birthdays a few weeks before. Nobody has cleaned them up, either being too tired or busy.

       Aspen walked into the kitchen to find Lily cooking breakfast. It took a long time for her to start socializing again, seeing as she lost her best friend, but everyday she started getting better and more active. Normally she would do stuff to distract herself, recently she had been buying and wrapping Christmas presents.

       Christmas was only a week away and everyone was going crazy. Especially Aspen who had no job and an actual spawn she needed to spoil. Sirius constantly reminded her that he had money but it still made her feel bad. That's why in January she was going to start applying for jobs that she could hopefully keep throughout the entire year of 1980, maybe longer if she didn't give it up right away. Her anxiety seemed to target other things harder now that she had a child. Though, she normally wasn't able to dwell on it much due to said child.