Chapter Fifty

[Wristbands: Chapter Fifty]

The great hall was filled with anticipation as the young graduating teens awaited the headmaster to arrive. The sound of crying and laughter circulated throughout the large dining hall, Aspen sat in silence as her friends conversed—Sirius mimicked her behavior just as he realized he'd be leaving one of his only true homes. The tables in the great hall seemed shorter than they normally were, most likely because it was only the seventh years in the great hall. Everyone was fancied up, the great hall was drenched in the mixture scents of perfume and cologne. Aspen wanted to cover her nose with something but if she did her makeup would just come right off.

       Lily didn't seem to care about her own makeup as she was already sobbing despite the graduation ceremony not even starting yet. James hugged her, and he tried to hide it, but Aspen managed to see a few tears roll down his own pale cheeks. She wore a small smile at the sight of it, embarrassed, he looked away. Wendy was pumping herself up the whole time as they waited, wanting to get out of there before she officially broke down. Being surrounded by people while you were crying was nerve-racking. Even though the people might be trying to be nice and help you, it's hard to regain yourself as you're being bombarded. That was normally why Aspen liked to sneak off when she would cry at Myrtle who'd just tell her to suck it up. Remus, beside her, also seemed much more energetic then he normally was. He must've drunken at least eighty coffee's by the way his leg was bounces.

And then there was Peter, he sat beside Remus. Peter was staring at the Hufflepuff table behind them, as was Marlene, both the lovesick teens were watching Hufflepuffs who didn't notice the attention they were getting from the Gryffindors. Aspen remembered the two from the dance, she shook the memory out of her head and deeply sighed—that day eventually led to her pregnancy.

       "Are you okay?" Sirius asked, his voice in a whisper. Aspen nodded firmly and he nodded his head too, looking at his nerve-caused sweaty hands as they were clasped. 

      "Are you?" Aspen asked, looking at him. He nodded, his hair falling from behind his ears into his face. Aspen looked down to her stomach and rubbed it, "You better be ready too," she whispered, "If you mess me up on that stage, I swear to god I will cast a fetus deletus."

       "A fetus deletus?" Sirius asked, sincerely smiling for the first time that day. Mission accomplished. "Is that a magical abortion, or something?"

      "No, it's something Marlene made up the other day when the ickle one made me puke up my apple pie." Aspen remembered in disgust, "but I'll create it just for the reason to—actually, no, oh my god—I'm sorry baby, I love you, I would never do anything to hurt you."

       "Merlin's beard," Sirius snorted, shaking his head, "Pen, the baby isn't born yet, it can't hear you."

       "I don't care," Aspen barked "It's inside me, what if it can read my thoughts or something? Has any doctor ever checked if a fetus could do that? Hm?"