Chapter Thirty-Five

[Chapter Thirty-Five: Wristbands]

             "Aaaaaaaaand . . done!" Aspen cheered, putting her last bow on Wendy's Christmas present. The day before she went shopping with the early Christmas money given to her by her aunt. She didn't like her aunt much, so she used it to buy her friends magnificent gifts. At least some good came out of it. When no one congratulated Aspen for her wrapping-present accomplishment, Aspen looked around to see she was in an empty dorm. The only one there keeping her company being her Nutcracker who was laying under a lamp as if he were a hermit crab sunbathing. Aspen shook her head at the Nutcrackers and placed Wendy's gifts with the rest of her friend's gifts.

She had them neatly stacked, the biggest on the bottom and the smallest on the top. She checked and made sure she had everyone. "Wendy, Lily, Marlene, James, Remus, Peter, Professor McGonagall, Emma, and Sirius!" Aspen smiled, "Did I get everyone?" She looked over to the Nutcracker, he only waved at her, trying to get her to leave him alone as he unsuccessfully made himself tan. She couldn't understand how he actually thought he could do it when he had Christmas clothing painted on himself. Was he trying to tan his long red coat?

Aspen didn't think of it for long when, out of nowhere, breaking the silence, her stomach made a loud rumble. It's been doing that the past few days, she'd get hungry out of nowhere for things she never imagined she'd want to eat. For example, yesterday she was craving peas. Yes, you heard it, peas. She would throw up at the sight of it, but now that was all that clouded her mind. "Do you want something to eat?" She asked the Nutcracker, she giggled. "Right, you can't eat. Such a bummer, to be honest. Whatever, I'll be back later to get the gifts. Don't break the lamp or burn down the dorm, please, I don't think Professor McGonagall would believe that my pet Nutcracker did it."

After receiving no response from the toy, she left. As she walked down the halls, she couldn't help but smile—she had been doing a lot of it recently. Except when she found out the dress she wore at the ball was ripped, probably because of what happened that night. Entering the great hall, everyone looked at her due to her slamming the doors open. She ignored them as the immediate smell of delicious foods entered her nostrils. She hadn't even realized how amazing the great hall was decorated for Christmas that year. She thought they forgot to decorate, or they just didn't have the time with the war going on.

Everything was white; the floors, the tables, and even the walls. Along the walls there was green, red, and silver garland, resulting the great hall to look like a proper Christmas wonderland. The ceiling was bewitched to look like a night sky, there was snow falling from it but about ten feet above the ground it disappeared. Snowy-white owls were flying around the ceiling too, in the distance muggle Christmas music playing. A muggleborn student must've brought their stereo, most likely a Hufflepuff seeing as about every Slytherin was glaring at the Hufflepuff table.