Chapter Five

[Chapter Five: Wristbands]

Unfortunately for Aspen, there was alcohol at the party, Evelyn went straight to it, too. The party was only two hours in and Evelyn was already passed out wasted on the sofa. Not wanting to embarrass herself with her weak strength, Aspen decided to wait until the party was over entirely so she could attempt to carry her friend back to their dorm.

Aspen sat uncomfortably, babysitting her passed out friend on the Gryffindor beige couch. Multiple people attempted to draw on her friend's face but after a protective glare from Aspen, they thought otherwise. Right now she could be doing so many things, like studying! Or practicing some spells, like the Patronus Charm . . . which she had been trying to succeed since she first heard of it in fourth year.

But no, she's sitting on a couch waiting for the common room of drunk teenagers to clear out so she can completely fail at carrying her friend. She already watched Wendy enter the common room, but once Wendy saw the mess that Aspen was in—she made a run for it towards the dorm.

Aspen wouldn't blame her, if she saw Wendy with a passed out Evelyn, silently begging for help, she'd make a run for it too. That's probably the reason why they're not Hufflepuffs. But then again, Aspen would never leave her friend alone and passed out, which she believed a Slytherin would do.

Then she quickly reprimanded herself for her house prejudice against the Slytherins.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Asked someone, yanking Aspen out of her thoughts, she looked up and saw Remus Lupin. He was pointing towards the empty space on the left of her. When she didn't answer, he quickly added, "It's alright if I can't, I'll just find somewhere else to sit—"

"N-no, no it's okay!" Aspen quickly said, moving over to make the spot larger than it already was.

She hoped that he didn't take that as an insult.

"Thanks." He smiled, sitting down and making the couch go down a little bit, they then watched everyone get more pissed-drunk than they already were. "I'm guessing you're with her?" Asked Lupin, motioning toward Evelyn who was laying beside her.

"Yeah . . ." Mumbled Aspen shyly, why was he talking to her? Yes, she did enjoy looking at him but talking was a big no-no social-wise.

"I'm with them," He stated, pointing to Potter, Black, and Pettigrew. Potter and Pettigrew visibly looked drunk while Black was laughing at their behavior, possibly drunk too. It was hard to tell, though.

"I'm guessing you're the mum friend?" Aspen asked the boy, looking at him for the first time. When he caught her gaze she quickly looked down at her lap again like how she once was.

"Mum friend?" He chuckled, his eyes crinkling.

"I-I mean—you have to stay sober to t-take care of your friends." She explained, she then shook her head. "Y'know what? Never mind, that sounded stupid."