Chapter Twelve

[Chapter Twelve: Wristbands]

      "I can't believe you didn't tell me Dumbledore asked you to be a part of some cult!" Scolded Wendy, disbelief evident in her voice. By then, they were both alone while they walked down the empty corridors. Aspen just explained the Order of the Phoenix to Jay who looked excited to ask Dumbledore to join. Of course, as she explained it to Jay, Wendy was also learning of the Order that Aspen was asked to join.

"Wendy, for the hundredth time. It's not a cult!" Aspen groaned. Her friend couldn't seem to grasp the idea of a vigilante group taking down dark wizards.

"You secretly meet behind the Ministry's back and injure people, sounds like a cult to me!" Cooed Wendy, her ponytail whipping back and forth with every step she took.

"Cults are groups that, pretty much, dedicate their lives towards something. From what I know so far, none of us will be dedicating our lives to anything, we will just be . . . helping out. Death Eaters are the ones in cults, dedicating their lives to that snake who calls himself lord."

"So, you are joining the Order?" Asked Wendy, looking at her friend with surprise. Aspen just described the Order using 'we.'

"I-I don't know, honestly." Truthfully responded Aspen, "I mean, the Order sounds like an amazing group to be a part of but I've been wanting to become an Auror for years. Ever since . . . you know."

"The Order does sound like it has good intentions," Said Wendy, "Though, it is illegal. If it were up to me, I'd join the Auror academy."

"Yeah, I guess," Agreed Aspen, she didn't really want to agree, but becoming an Auror was her lifelong dream. Although, becoming an Order member would most likely give her more experience and allow her to take down more dark wizards. It's not like she wouldn't be able to. According to multiple professors, she had amazing defensive and offensive abilities. Meaning, going to the Auror academy would only help add to her talents—only to the slightest.

Then again, if she joined the Order, she'll be paranoid all the time wondering if she'll get caught. Plus, she wouldn't be able to learn the social skills she needs when taking down a criminal that they normally taught at the academy. Well, at least she doubted Dumbledore would teach anything about that.

"Do you ever wonder what it would be like without any wars or y'know, murder?" Asked Wendy, breaking the silence as they walked back to the Gryffindor common room.

"Of course," Aspen said, "How could you not?"

"I don't know. Think about it, though, just a few decades ago people were at peace while smoking weed in their vans," Wendy stated in a dreamy tone.