Chapter Nineteen

[Chapter Nineteen: Wristbands]

  Ever since Aspen and Sirius spoke with McGonagall, things have gotten a little better. People no longer yelled and screamed at Aspen as she walked along the halls. All they did was either ignore her or flip her the finger to her which she responded with annoyed eye rolls, at least that's what she thought she was doing. According to Wendy, it only looked like she was blinking as well as blushing.

Although Aspen was proud of herself—she no longer felt the need to cry or run away at every encounter anymore.

Sirius was still being babied by everyone around him. He managed to tell his friends what really happened and they were on his and Aspens' side. To say the Marauders apologized to her would be an understatement, they practically begged for mercy. Aspen couldn't tell if they were playing around or being sincere, neither could Sirius who stood dumbfounded at his friends. Aspen simply stated that she accepted their apology and all conflict between the five was resolved.

Aspen no longer shared a dorm with Evelyn, Evelyn was switched to a different area. Both Wendy and Aspen were thankful for that, though they still haven't received the new dorm mate that was promised to them by Dumbledore. They were happy no one came, the thought of a two-person dorm, especially between best friends, was like a dream come true. The third girl who they shared the dorm with, named Alexandra, was never there anymore. Aspen assumed she stayed with someone else in a different dorm, then again Alexandra never spoke—nor was she ever seen with friends. Evelyn was switched to a dorm where the girl troublemakers stayed in, at least that's what most Gryffindors called it.

Evelyn was miserable, what she did was supposed to help her with Sirius, but instead, it all hadfailed. Except for the part that made everyone in the school hate Aspen, though she didn't care about that anymore. All she cared about was what Sirius thought of her. She thought about what a lot of people thought of her. Including her ex-best friend Wendy who switched from her side to Aspens after hearing what she did. She also thought about what Marlene thought about everything.

She hadn't seen her a lot recently.

Whenever she did see Marlene, the blonde wouldn't pay any mind to her. Literally. She basically ignored Evelyn's existence. Evelyn frowned at the thought of it, what did she do to deserve that? All she wanted to do by then was go home with her mum and dad, it may have sounded childish but at the moment no one liked her besides them. Maybe a few Ravenclaws liked her still, the ones who helped her come up with the idea of spying on her friends.

But instead of doing that, she was called to Professors McGonagall's office where she was interrogated like some Azkaban criminal. Every part of the Professor wanted to break the girl, assumed Evelyn, though she would never break.