nineteen - worthy

The week that Finn had turned eighteen, just a short week after the night that he held Millie in his arms, confessing all of the feelings that had been building up since he met her, he had found his own apartment. They had argued about it for a long time, with Millie willing to lend him some of her trust fund left over from buying out his father to help him out until he found a stable job. Finn did not want to accept her charity, claiming that she had already done way too much for him but Millie was not taking no for an answer. 

Millie had helped him move in completely, struggling around with furniture and directing him on what decor to get. In the end, it was almost like a safe haven for both of them to finally have a true home. 

Millie had been a frequent visitor, ever since her parents had been away often for work. They would leave her voicemails and send her presents but it never soothed the loneliness that built up inside of her. Nearly every night, Millie would knock on Finn's door and cuddle up to him, almost so used to having him beside her when she woke up. 

"Guess who?" she beamed when he opened the door. 

Finn's face melted into a grin and he let her in, shutting the door behind her before kissing her cheek. They had never fully discussed what this thing between them was, simply knowing that their feelings were mutual and that they both would rather try and fail, than constantly miss each other. 

"You, again" Finn groaned sarcastically, "I thought I told the landlord to stop letting the annoying stalker inside the building!"

Millie whacked his chest softly before setting down a package on his counter top. "I brought food for you. I was doing some grocery shopping and thought that I would buy you some bits while I was there, just in case you hadn't-"

"Hey" Finn laughed tiredly, "calm down."

Millie noticed how his face fell slightly. "Are you okay?"

He took her hands and ran his thumbs over her knuckles with a sigh. "You know I appreciate everything that you have done for me since we met and you continue to give me everything that I could ever need or want. But...I feel bad. I feel like I don't deserve everything that you have given me and I just worry that I-I'll never be able to repay you for all of this."

Her face fell and she cupped his cheeks, reaching up on her tiptoes. "Finn...I don't know what to say. I hate that you can never see the good in yourself...you deserve everything that I have given you and I have done it all because I want you to be happy. You are worthy of all of this despite what you think...and I know that you don't know it but you have made my life so much better..j-just by...being here."

Finn grinned cheekily and his hands went to her curvy hips, picking her up easily and setting her down on the counter in front of him, pushing the food out of the way. Millie gasped softly and looked into his eyes, glaring slightly as he leaned closer teasingly. 

"I know I've made your life better, as least somehow" he smirks, shrugging innocently before lowering his lips to her neck. 

"F-Finn..." Millie warns. 

"What?" he pops his head up innocently and Millie rolls her eyes. 

She smiles at his teasing smirk and then her face falls. She can't help but think back to all of the other girls that he has done this with and wonder if she is really any different after all. Millie had never done anything like this because she wanted it to mean something, and the thought made her nervous that one day Finn would realize that she wasn't enough, that she had never been enough for him. 

"Finn..." her voice was quiet. "Did you really sleep with Jane Hopping at some party? I-I thought she liked that Michael Weston in the year above?"