two - closer

Finn knew that he had to keep a low profile at school as soon as he saw the mess his father had made staring back at him in the mirror. He sorted some of the business out for a few days before deciding that he had to inevitably go back to school despite his face. He had covered himself with black jeans, a huge black hoodie and a black cap to try and draw the attention away from his cut lip and bruised cheekbones. 

Walking into the English Lit classroom, he cursed under his breath when he saw that perky brunette sit up straighter, glaring at him slightly. She stayed quiet with her arms crossed until he sat down before turning to him as he continued to ignore her, suddenly exploding in anger. 

"Where the hell were you? I had to do most of this assignment by myself because you couldn't be bothered to come into school. Thanks a lot, Finn" Millie exclaimed, frowning at the boy beside her who rested his head on the desk with a deep sigh. 

"Good morning to you too, sunshine" he grumbled and opened one eye slightly to look at her flushed face and raised eyebrows. 

"What was more important than school may I ask? Wait a second-" she held her hand up and shook her head, "I don't want to know." 

"Are you going to shut up or am I going to have to make you?" Finn snapped, lifting his head and unintentionally knocking his hat off his head, revealing something that made Millie gasp. He frowned slightly before he realized, cursing quietly and pushing his hat onto his curls, glaring at her darkly. 

"F-Finn-"

"Mind your own goddamn business" he muttered darkly, staring into her eyes to know that she got the message. She was too busy gasping in horror at his face, the once pale and freckle covered surface taken over by disgusting trails of purple bruising and cuts surrounded by dried blood. 

"What happened?" she breathed quietly, her hands cupping his cheeks out of instinct, scanning the areas carefully. She ran her thumb over a bruise softly with him watching her for a moment before he pushed her hands away roughly. 

"Don't touch me. It isn't your problem so don't get involved, you don't even know me."

"But-"

"I said, shut the fuck up" Finn snarled, opening his book and turning slightly to ignore her for the rest of the lesson. 

...

Later that day Finn began his long walk to his hell hole, sighing in defeat at what was going to come if his father was home. Worst of all, if he had brought some of his drug addict friends to come and join in on the fun. 

Hearing a familiar laugh on a random street about ten minutes away from his house, Finn frowned as he saw a laughing Millie from his English Lit class walking into what he assumed was her house. He stopped suddenly, frowning up at how she called out to her parents, a light coming on seconds later in the furthest window. He watched her shadow by the window with her short hair before she seemed to prepare to undress, Finn turning away sharply. He may have received a lot of female attention but he knew that respect was important, not watching girls like some kind of creep. 

Like his father would. 

Finn stopped outside of his dingy house with a sigh, knocking on the door only to be met with several sweaty men looking drunk beyond belief. Walking backwards shakily, Finn met the eyes of his father who gestured for the boy to come inside, swinging a baseball bat like it was some kind of fun game. 

Before he could comprehend what he would surely later get into big trouble for, Finn bolted, turning around and sprinting down the street for his life. He knew that if he went into that house hell would ensue and he would probably spend the next week in bed with bruises and potentially broken bones. 

Looking around desperately, he cursed when he realized he only had one possible place that he could imagine staying. It was one hell of a long shot. 

But he had nowhere else to go. 

Millie sat at her desk doing some late evening studying, pushing her reading glasses further up her nose, the thick lenses relieving her slight headache. She could not get Finn's busted out face out of her mind, terrified at what he had gone through and why it seemed to be a regular occurrence for him, something that he seemed to be used to. 

Halfway through her algebra, she jumped when she heard her window sliding open, turning around to come face to face with the last person she had expected to see that night. He was carrying his school bag as if he had only just left class, still wearing the same black jeans and hoodie, looking at her reluctantly. 

"Okay, I know this may seem weird" Finn started, looking at her with pleading eyes, "but can I stay here for a while?" 

xxx

I will be updating tomorrow, if not the day after! Hope you like the sound of it so far and feel free to leave comments, it makes me smile a heck of a lot! Vote and don't forget to be kind, I hope you are all taking care of yourselves <3 Let me know you're opinion and any predictions for what will happen?

~Jodie