ten - resistance

She probably thought that he didn't notice or pay attention, but he certainly did. He could always see the slight changes in her expression and he always got a feeling when something seemed to be bothering her. 

She had been cold ever since he had gotten home, not wearing her usual smile and giving him more than short sentences, complete with a sharp edge to them. He didn't want her to snap at him so he didn't mention her change of attitude, simply observing quietly and watching her closely for any clues to what was wrong. 

He didn't know if it was her parents, or something at school, or most importantly, if it was to do with him. 

"I'm not going to that" Finn watched Millie pace around the room on her phone aimlessly, avoiding his gaze. "They are always so loud and go on for too long, besides, it is a school night."

Finn tilted his head, not saying a word. He knew exactly what her friend Sadie was trying to force her into, the party on East Street which had been talked about all day at school, hosted by the rich kids in the year above. Finn was planning on sneaking out if Millie would not attend, looking for something to entertain him and maybe get into some trouble while he was there. If there was one thing that Finn Wolfhard was good at, it was being reckless.

"What do you mean?" Millie mumbled and then glanced at Finn quickly, lowering her voice and whispering into the phone, "this has nothing to do with him. How did you even hear about that? Of course it is a rumor, Sads! You really think I would-"

Finn cleared his throat and Millie shot him a dirty glare. He shrunk back, sighing quietly as he rattled his brain for what he could have done to piss her off so much. 

"I said I'm not coming...hey, don't you use that on me! Of course I love you and love spending time with you! I'm not saying- fine! Whatever! You win, I'll be there soon" Millie relented with a sigh, making Finn roll his eyes at her instant surrender to Sadie's pouting. He knew that they had been good friends for years, attached at the tip with Millie being the parent type, looking out for Sadie and making her apologize if she cursed or yelled at someone. 

Millie hung up the phone with a sigh and ran a hand through her hair, trudging straight to her wardrobe and ignoring Finn. 

"You going tonight then?" he asked, leaning up against the doorway of her wardrobe which she was rifling through. 

"Yeah" she huffed, pushing past him lightly to look through her drawers. 

"Maybe you should wear something like this..." Finn smirked teasingly, holding up a sparkly black play-suit with an open bare back. "Looks tight, could show off-"

"Maybe I will" Millie glared at him, snatching the garment from him and watching his eyes widen slightly in amusement. 

"Really? Are you sure-"

"Yeah" she repeated sharply, making him roll his eyes as she went to her bathroom to get changed and ready for the party. 

"Are you ever going to tell me why you are so pissed off with me?" he called out. 

She slammed her bathroom door in response making him sigh. 

When Millie opened the door a little while later, Finn's eyes widened at her appearance. His mouth parted at her caramel eyes hidden behind smoky make up and glossy lips before his dark eyes trailed down to her tight play-suit, covered in black glitter which caught against the light. His eyes raked slowly over how the outfit showed her shoulder blades and tanned back, clinging to her curvy hips and her showing off her slender legs topped off with heeled boots. He couldn't stop the strange stutter that came out of his mouth as she walked towards her mirror, fluffing her wavy hair while his eyes were trapped on her petite body.