8 Years Ago

The young fox sat up. She was in a field. "H-hello?" She called out. Her voice was small and quiet. She couldn't remember anything. The green grass was soft between her fingers. She stood up. Her brown hair went slightly past her shoulders. Her white shirt had a grass stain on it. Her jeans had a hole in them. Her yellow and white fur was a bit dirty. Her green eyes scanned the field. There really was nothing but grass. She frowned as she dusted herself off. She checked her tail. It was still there. "Hello?" She called out again, this time, without the stutter. The sky was a purple-ish blue color.

"Excuse me, are you lost?" A voice said. The girl quickly turned around, seeing a tall-ish anthropomorphic wolf. He was wearing a black and red suit, along with the same colored top hat. His boots shined and his green eyes glistened. His black fur rustled in the slight breeze. "Are you lost?" He repeated, sounding kind of demanding this time. The anthropomorphic fox shook her head. "Hmm." He hummed. He reached his hand out for the girl to shake. "So, you got a name, kid?" He asked. The girl shook her head. He raised an eyebrow. "You got a family?" The girl thought before shrugging her shoulders. "Friends?" She shrugged. "A voice, maybe?" The girl thought again before saying:

"Hello." She said quietly. The wolf smiled.

"So, no family, no friends, no name..." He looked down at the girl, who was nodding, like he was asking if she had any of those things. "I can give you all those things, you know." He told her. She smiled.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yup! You know why I'll give you all those things?" He asked her. The girl shook her head. He leaned down close to her and said, "Because, I don't have any of those things either." The girl covered her mouth in shock, like it was the saddest thing she's ever heard, but she didn't know if she's heard sadder things, she couldn't remember anything. "Yeah! Now, let's start with a friend. I'll be your friend, and maybe even help you make more along your way." The girl bounced with excitement. This person was gonna help her! "And, I can be your family. Seeing as you don't really have anything." And he was going to be her family? Wow! "And, I can even give you a name."

"Really!?" The girl said, happiness clear in her voice. He nodded.

"Yes...I was thinking something along the lines of...Rose." He said. The girl kinda lost her excitement. "What's wrong with Rose?" He asked. The girl looked at the ground.

"I-I don't know. It j-just seems kinda g-girlie." The girl then suddenly felt ashamed at what she said, and hoped that anybody named Rose wouldn't be offended. The wolf scratched his chin.

"Hmm. Well, let's make that your last name. Then how about...Emma?" The girl thought for a moment before nodding. He smiled, but it seemed kinda 'off'. "Great! Oh! And because I did something for you, would it be fair if you could do something for me?" He asked the small girl. This person had been nice, and had even helped her pick out her name. She decided to nod. "Good! Now, do you mind if I see your hand?" He asked. 'Emma' looked at her hand and passed it over. He grasped her arm gently and examined her hand. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a very large cane with a purple orb at the top. He placed the orb side in the palm of her hand and started muttering something. She was kinda confused at what he was doing, but, ya know, a friend helping a friend, right?

He finally stopped and Emma felt her tail twitch. She looked back and saw that she had another tail, an exact duplicate of her first one. "If you gave me another tail, how come you needed my hand?" She asked.

"So then, it would seem, hopefully, less perverted." He replied. The girl blinked.

"What's perverted?" She asked.

"You'll know when you're older." He said. "Anyway, now, I am a part of you. When you ask for help, even if I'm that there physically, I'll still be there to help." The girl raised her eyebrows.

"But, I thought you said you wanted me to help you." She said.

"And you did," He answered. "I want to be there for you. Besides, you will need me later on in your life." He didn't say that last part very loud, so it was hard for Emma to hear. The wolf looked into the orb at the end of his cane. "Wow! Time really flies when you're having fun. I will see you soon, Emma Rose." His hand started glowing darkness and he held it to his cane.

"Wait! I never got your-" Then he was gone. "...name." She finished. She sat back down on the grass and accidentally sat on something. It was a small slip of paper. She read it.

"I have no name, but I am referred to others as, The Master."