Chapter 18

"Rise and shine." Cato whispered in my ear. He was so close.

I got out of my comfortable sleeping bag, and took a bit of food out of my pack.

I happily munched on my little breakfast as Marvel groaned in his sleep.

"Marvel," I crawled over to him, and shook him. "Wake up."

He yawned but got up.

Cato was poking Uriah. "Urrriaaaahhh...." Cato extended his name, almost sounding drunk.

Uriah started talking in his sleep.

"Five more minutes, Ralph. Please." We all laughed and talked to him some more.

"Sweetheart," Marvel said in a real-sounding grandma voice. "Wake up."

"Ma! Five more minutes!" Uriah snapped.

"Yo. Uriah." Cato said normally, pouring his bottle of water all over Uriah.

Uriah shot up and shot us all glares.

"Well, I have to fill my bottle now." Cato snickered.

"Cato!" Uriah growled, and fell back into his sleeping bag.

"Uriah, get upppppp!" I said, trying to stifle my laughter.

"Fine." He rolled up his sleeping bag, and we just sat there.

It was silent. And awkward.

"So, um, Marvel, Uriah. What's it like in your districts?" I spoke up, finally breaking the silence.

"Well, District One is gr-Hey! Look over there!" He pointed behind me, and I turned to see smoke coming up.

"Uriah, you stay here and watch the supplies. Marvel, Clove and I will go get the doof." Cato said, actually sounding nice. I realized ever since Glimmer was gone, Cato was nicer. A little bit nicer.

We all nodded and I ran as fast I could. We reached the fire, but no one was there.

Someone's playing with our minds.

Third Person's POV

They ran, their feet speeding. They stopped, and looked at the fire. No one could be seen.

They looked around, searching for that person who set the fire.

Slowly, a fire, sending out smoke lit fire.

Their attention was now on that fire.

"Run faster Marvel. Cato, speed up!" The girl in the front yelled.

Even though she had smallest legs, she was the fastest out of the strong three.

"Slow... Down... Clove." Marvel stopped, panting.

They finally made it again to the next fire, and no one was there.

Clove's POV

In the distance, a booming sound fills the area, and we race back to camp.

Our supplies, blown everywhere.

Uriah looks around with a confused face, almost in shock.

I race to the where the pile should've been, to find dirty scraps of food, blankets, and much more.

"Clove." Marvel's voice draws me back to reality.

He gives me a hand motion, telling me to come here.

He's pointing to something.

An arrow, split in half.

"Katniss." I mutter, and Marvel nods.