Request; Cato and Clove Win

Here's your request, Anna aka CastofMerlin. Hope you like it!

xxx

Struggling against Thresh, I manage to get out of his grip. Slashing at his face, he stepped away, and his hands covered his large face. Blinded, he stumbled around.

By now, Cato was here. He quickly made his way towards the big and burly mess. They started having a huge, bloody fight.

But for once, I watched. I wanted to see what would happen to the supposedly kind, brave and tall District Eleven tribute.

Cato was trying to wrap his hands around his throat, trying to find a way to choke him. I stood frozen, waiting for him to pull it together. But he couldn't. Thresh, half-blind, was punching Cato in the stomach, and Cato's gasps of air were loud.

I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't stand letting Cato look weak in front of everyone in the nation. I snuck past behind Thresh, who was strangling Cato. Taking out of a knife, I whisper to it. "Sorry Rue," and throw the knife. It lands itself right beside Thresh's spine. He falls on his knees and his expression turns frustrated, his breathing heavy.

Cato leaves to go get our District pack from the feast. I make my way towards Thresh, who seems to be in a trance. "No," I hear him say. I look at him, confused. "I was going to win. For Rue." I cringe, hearing her name. The heavenly, sweet Rue. Thresh looks at me. "I want Katniss to win. But if she doesn't, Clove," I turn my attention back to him. Thresh takes his last breath. "I want you to win."

As we make our way back to a new camp, Cato crosses his arms but uses one hand to point to the bag.

"Body armour! The ones just like at the training area back home!" I say excitedly.

"C'mon, put yours on then!" Cato replies and I quickly grab my armour. I put it on over my scratched-up, wrecked clothes. I hand Cato his and he changes too. "

"Attention tributes. There has been a change of rules. Two tributes can win, if they are from the same district."

I look at Cato. He stares back. I run into his arms. "We can go home. Together."

Hearing loud noises, I shake Cato awake.

It was like a dog's growl, and it was loud.

Cato gives me a look of frustration and helps me get my stuff.

We leave all our stuff there at camp. We run off, trying to get to the Cornucopia like planned.

I climb the gold Cornucopia like a madman and Cato pushes himself up.

We crouch down low, visible, but hidden in plain sight.

"Cato. Look." I nudge him and point to Katniss and Peeta, who are making their way to the Cornucopia. They are being chased by around twenty mutts.

The mutts are huge dogs. Like a bulldog, just five times the size. They have huge grotesque jaws, with big teeth.

Peeta, limping, trips. "Peeta! Come on!" Katniss pulls him up and they dash towards us.

Katniss climbs the Cornucopia like I did and pulls Peeta up.

I shoot Cato a look that says, 'can I go yet?' And he replies by counting down from three using his fingers.

When he puts his last finger down, I stand up and pounce on Katniss. I viciously grab her by the hair and take out my last knife.