Chapter 12

I'm heading off to camp, so I'm updating hugely today.

~Avery

_______

After days of training, it was time for training scores.

. They guided us to a hall, and we sat down in the hallway to the training room. The order was male, female, male, female and so on.

Marvel went first, and maybe 20 minutes he was done. It must've been so nerve-racking to go first for your training mark. Then Glimmer went, and 25 minutes and she came back. Cato looked confident and went in. 30 minutes and it was my turn.

I was shaking, but I slowly made my way inside the room, my combat boots making loud stomps on the floor.

"Name?" A guy asked me, his face covered in food grease. "C-Clove Kovien." I stuttered. "Ah, District Two, my favorite district," A guy with a very odd beard said. "Well? Go ahead." He told me.

I gritted my teeth and ran to the knives. I began to throw them, hitting the target everything. Head, shoulder, middle of the chest, and exactly where the heart should be.

They all looked at me, obviously expecting more. I went over to the rope course and started to climb. I made it to the other side in about four minutes. "Thank you, you are dismissed." A grey haired guy told me.

"No." I murmured, my voice shaking. "Excuse me?" "No. I'm not going anywhere. That was nothing. I could do so much more." I said. The odd bearded man raised an eyebrow.

Without saying another word, I went through all the stations. I walked out of the door, tossing my hair over my shoulder.

_______

I was in Cato's room when he was ambushing me a bunch questions. I hugged a pillow to my chest.

"How'd you do? Did you mess up? Did you do anything bad? Were you a perfectionist like you usually are?"

That caught my attention. "What did you say?" I asked, curiosity gleaming in my eyes. Cato blushed deeply and said, "Nothing." I grinned.

"I did okay, I guess. I did mess up. I did do something bad. No, I wasn't the perfectionist I usually am." I winked at him.

"Well, what happened then?" He asked, like he was a three year old, and I was his mother, telling him an exciting story. His eyes sparkled with amusement and excitement.

"I... They, they dismissed me and I said no. Then I did all the stations again." I told him, and he looked sad. "Oh. Ok."

He smiled again and told me about what he did. He stabbed dummies with his sword, punched punching bags, and did some more.

I laughed as he acted it out, and I knew he was the one.

______

"C'mon you guys! Your training scores are coming up!" Cassia yelled.

I ran to the room where they were all sitting, talking, and watching anxiously.

"Glimmer Tarr." Glimmer managed to get an eight, Marvel got himself a nine.

"Clove Kovien." All the talking stopped. I got an eight.

"An eight?! That's all they give me?!" I screamed, and Rowena flinched.

"Now, come down." Lica tried to comfort me. I sat down, grumbling cuss words as Cato's score came up.

Cato got a ten! Everyone jumped up and squealed. "Great job," I muttered.

Districts 3 to 6 got fives or sixes. Except that girl from 5 with the red hair. She got a seven.

Districts 7 to 10 got fours and fives.

District Eleven, with the small girl and huge boy, was interesting. The big guy, Thresh, got an eight. The little girl, smaller than me, got a seven. I was mildly impressed until District Twelve came up.

"Peeta Mellark." A number eight flashed on the screen. Then Katniss. Oh, she better get a six.

"Katniss Everdeen, our final tribute." An eleven flashed on the screen and then the screen blacked out.

"An eleven?! How could she possibly get an eleven?!" Cato yelled, throwing a vase on the ground. "Cato, calm down buddy." Brutus tried to calm him down, but it was Enobaria who ended up taking him to his room.

We all had dinner, and it was time to head off to bed. "Head to bed you two, you have a big day tomorrow."