Chapter 13?

"Wake up! Time to go! We have a lot to do!" Rowena yelled from the hallway.

How does she do it? How does she get up so early?

I rolled out of bed. Literally. I fell asleep again and Rowena rolled me out. I landed on my face. "Ugh!" I got up and showered.

Then I got changed into a nice cashmere sweater with black sweatpants. I lefty hair down for once.

Everyone was at the table except Lica and Cassia.

"Where are Lica and Cassia?" I asked Enobaria. She rolled her eyes and answered my question. "They're working on your outfits, stupid."

My jaw clenched when she called me stupid. But Cato touched my now fisted hands, and I relaxed.

We had a tasty breakfast, filled with delicacies. I was stuffed. Rowena, ever cheerful, explained what we were going to be doing today. "Posture.... Etiquette... Your angle..." I was zoning out time to time.

"What is she saying?" Cato whispered, sounding, honestly, confused. "Something about manners." I whispered and Cato snorted.

"Okay, Clove, first you will be working with Brutus, and then you will be working with Rowena and I. Cato, you are the other way around. Working with Rowena first, and then Brutus." Enobaria said.

Cato and I both nodded and headed off.

"Okay, Clove, we have to work your angle. And what you are going to say. Okay?" "Yes." "Well, let's begin."

"Are you being optimistic about the games?" Brutus asked, doing his best Caesar Flickerman voice. "Uh, sure?" I answered. "No, no, no, no, no." Brutus shook his head. "You have to sound completely confident about your answer," He said.

"For example," He started talking in a girly voice and he was batting his eyelashes. "Yes Caesar." I couldn't help but laugh. On the outside, Brutus seemed a little awkward, but he would make a great friend.

"Let's focus and decide on your angle. You are stubborn, with snarky remarks and a bad sense of humor. Let's start there." He said. "Just be yourself when I ask you these questions." I nodded.

We later decided my angle was snarky, but sweet. I would make snarky remarks but with a sweet personality. Know what I mean?

After Brutus' work, I went to go work on my manners and all that junk with Enobaria and Rowena.

"Straight back! Don't wobble! No slouching! Don't stutter! Don't be rude! " Things were being yelled at me. Ugh.

I straightened my back and tried not to wobble when I was walking in my high heels. Easy, easy, I thought. I tried not to let my back slouch when I sat in a chair. I tried not to interrupt them when they were talking to me.

After four hours, I was ready to be cleaned up by my prep team.

They wouldn't stop talking about interviews. "Ooh, I can't wait to see all the outfits!" Juliosous exclaimed. "I know!" Tolona agreed. "I can't wait to see the tributes personalities." Liys said. The other two just shook off her comment and began to chat again.

They were soon done and Lica came in with a dress. It was orange, two different shades, and it was very frilly. It was strapless, and it came down to my knees. I was wearing black heels, and they were maybe three inches high, so I looked taller.

My hair was a difficult style to explain. It was a bit of a braid at the top and turned into a ponytail. The ponytail went past my shoulders.

My stylist and prep team went for a more natural look. Nothing extreme. A light red lipstick was covered over my lips, blush and foundation made me look a little less pale.

"Hey! You guys! We have to go! Now!" Rowena yelled at us.

_____

This was nerve racking. What if I messed up? This is on national TV. Oh gosh. I started to sweat. Marvel was up first, and his angle was cocky. He didn't look bad in his blue clothes lined in yellow. Glimmer was next. Her blonde hair cascaded in curls, dressed in an almost see-through dress. Pale pink. Cato was next. His angle was ruthless, bloodthirsty.

I started to panic. I was next.

"Clove Kovien, our female tribute from District Two!" I froze and Cato had to push me onto the stage. I smiled and waved, sitting next to Caesar.

"You aren't nervous, are you?" Caesar asked. "No, never." I smiled and fiddle with my hands.

"Well, Clove, what do you plan to do in the Games?" He asked. "Oh, it's a secret." I winked. "Oh, c'mon! Tell us!" The audience clapped and whistled. "Well, it's a secret, and if I tell you, it wouldn't be a secret, now would it?" He nodded.

This continued. He was great at getting to business.

"So, Clove, what were you thinking when you volunteered?" He asked, curiosity in his voice. "Actually, I wasn't really thinking anything." The audience stayed silent. "When Rowena pulled out that boy's name, why did you cry?" "I, I, uh, he's my best friend. I miss him right now actually."

After a few more questions and laughs, my interview was over. I waved goodbye and scurried off stage. I sat down next to Cato.

The rest was a blur. I just remember big details, that girl from Five explaining her crazy ideas. Thresh, from Eleven towering over Caesar. Katniss spinning. Ugh, it makes me want to throw up my dinner.

But the one that surprised me the most, was when Peeta came up. He was a natural, with good humor, a nice smile, and seriousness when it came.

"So, Peeta, handsome lad like you. Have to have a girl back home." Peeta laughed nervously. "No, nobody." Caesar raised his eyebrows. "Well, there has to be one girl." "Well, there is this one girl. I've had a crush on her forever. As long as I can remember. She has boys on her tail all the time." "Well, if you win, she's yours, am I right?" "Winning in my case won't help exactly." "And why is that?" That last question Caesar asked.

"B-because, because she came here with me."

My jaw dropped. Peeta Mellark, just confirmed his love to Katniss Everdeen on live national TV. Katniss was blushing like crazy and the interviews were over.

Well, this should be an interesting Hunger Games.

How'd you like it??