chapter eight

It was cold in my room after we got back from the parade. The first think I noticed was the shivers that ran down my spine after throwing off my high heels and gently walking across the room.

There was windows in my room, but instead they were covered by projectors. They had a remote and you could choose the settings. Before I went to bed, I played with it for a bit. Hills, prairies, water, and mountains. They reminded me too much of home, so I left it to the city skyline.

The smell of the Capitol perfume was overwhelming my senses, so I decided to strip and hop into the shower. I stayed in there for a while. It was warm and cozy, and I missed the feeling of being safe and warm. I quickly jumped out, changed, and sat down on the bed.

There was a knock on my door, almost as soon as I did so.
"Come in," I whispered. I knew it was Cato.

I didn't dare say a word as he made his way over to my bed. He sat down next to me, and his fingers laced through mine. I stared into those beautiful blue eyes. He was so gentle and protective when he was around me.

His breathing was soft, and he stared down at our intertwined hands. "Is there something?" He asked, and I shrugged. I knew there was, but I didn't dare say it. But when he leaned in to kiss me, my stomach exploded with happiness, and I let him.

-

The next morning was a blur.

I changed into new clothes. Soft blue pants and a white sweatshirt. It wasn't that fancy for the Capitol, but it was enough for me.

I threw my hair in a messy bun and started toward the dining room. There was Rowena, Brutus and Enobaria, Cato, Lica and Cato's stylist. There was only space between Rowena and Enobaria, so I reluctantly sat inbetween the joyful escort and the grouchy mentor.

"I'm Cassia." Cato's stylist said. She had flowy purple hair, green eyes and dark skin. "Clove." I faked a smile and started eating.

A gooey cheese with some fruit was odd, but tasted delicious. The food was different here, it was delicacies that I only had when I went out for dinner every once in a while.

I looked at Cato and he had a lot of food on his plate but his arms were crossed. He wasn't eating anymore. I dont know why, but he wasn't.

After a long awkward period, we finished up our breakfast. "Okay, go get changed for training!" Enobaria said. "Your outfits are on your bed," Lica told us.

Cato and I ran to our rooms, having a race to see who could change the fastest.