Two

18 years later

Aldgate was still the same peaceful little village. Except for the few changes by Endeavor Todoroki, their now King. In exchange for protection and other necessities, the King would make the villagers of Aldgate pay taxes every month. And if those who couldn't deliver...no one knows what happened to them.

It was one morning, you walked out of a small house and walked down the pathway of the town. You looked around, the men went to work, women did chores, kids played. The same thing every day.

With your book and pencil in hand, you followed the other young men at a close range and watched as they walked inside the schoolhouse. As the door shut, you walked by the window and opened up your book and begin to write down what the teacher was saying.

In the mix of your concentration, you were spotted.

"What the Hell?! She's back again!" Yelled one boy.

"You know the rules! Girls can't go to school in the daytime!" Yelled another one.

"Enough, slience." The teacher said. He looked out the window and saw you duck at the last minute. "You guys are some snitches." He made his way outside and looked down at you. "Taking in another lecture, (y/n)?" He asked.

"I'm sorry Mr. Mic." You said looking down at the ground.

He pats your head and smiles. "Here." He gives you a book, a learning book. "This is what we're working on, it'll be quite interesting." Mic said.

"Thank you." You give him a hug and he hugs you back. "Alright, I gotta get back to teaching these idiots." Mic said walking back to the school house.

You opened up the book and started to read as you continued to walk down the pathway and you started to hear whispers.

"It's that (y/n) girl again."

"She's reading again."

"If all she does is learn, she'll never get married like us."

"And just look at how short her dress is."

You turned around to the people who were muttering about you, they just went back to whatever they were doing.

You rolled your eyes and made your way back to your house. "(y/n), you're back." Your mother said who was sitting with another woman.

"Hi."You said sitting your book down on the table and grabbing something to eat. "I see your daughter like to read." The woman said.

"Yes, she does." Your mother said.

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"I just think, since she's growing up. She should be looking for a husband, and maybe think about having children. If she reads, she'll start to have ideas." The judgemental woman said.

"Well, I apologize if I actually want to do something with my life instead of being a baby factory like you." You snatched your book from the woman and walked up the stairs.

"Well, I never!" The woman got up and slammed the front door behind her.

You were in your room writing when your mother came in. "Dear Lord (y/n)!"

"She came at me first!" You protested.

"You didn't let me finish. I was gonna say, that I couldn't have said it better myself."

You gave a light scoff. "She had it coming."

"Well, (y/n). You still need to still need to mind your manners."

"Other people just need to mind your business." You muttered.

"(Y/n)!"

"What?"

Your mother just shook her head and walked away.

You just shrugged and looked out your bedroom window. "No one understands me here."