Chapter Fourteen-No More Fear, No More Crying

HARRY'S POV

I wake up the next morning to my phone ringing on the side table.  In order to not wake up any of the boys, I quickly answer my phone and walk into the hall.

"Hello?" I say and sit on the floor to rest my leg.

"Harry!  Sweetheart, how are you?" I hear my mum call on the other end.  I want to be excited to talk to her but I haven't been able to forgive her yet.  She was on his side the entire time.  I know that she got hurt too and I feel bad for her but she was the one who held me down everytime he beat me or burned me.  Yet again, I don't want to hurt her even more and tell her that I don't forgive her.  "Harry?" I hear her say sounding concerned.

"Hey!  Yeah, hi." I say snapping back into reality.

"Are you okay, honey?  I'm so sorry I haven't called you.  Things have gotten very busy around here." she says sounding choked up and worried.

"Yeah, I'm...alright." I say and look down at my leg that still aches.  "I miss you."

"I miss you too, sweetie." she says and sniffles.  "How are you feeling?  Are you hurt?"

"Yeah.  My leg is broken and I've got bruises.  I'll be fine in a while." I say and hear the hotel door open.  It's Louis.

"Hey." he whispers and sits next to me then puts his head on my shoulder.

"One second." I say to my mum and pull the phone away from my ear.  "Hey."

"Who are you talking to?" Louis asks taking his head off my shoulder and looking at me.

"My mum." I say and he nods.  I know exactly what he's thinking.  He can tell I don't forgive her.  I can just tell by the way he presses his lips together when he nods slowly.

"She, uh...helped...didn't she?" he asks and I take a deep breathe then look at the balcony.

"Uh-huh." I mutter and make sure the phone speaker is pressed against my shirt so my mum can't hear our conversation.

"You should talk to her about it.  You need to talk it out with her and figure things out." he says and stands up.  "Let me know how it goes.  I'm gonna order room service.  Do you want anything specific?" he asks opening up the hotel room door.

"Not really.  Anything works." I say and put the phone back to my ear as he closes the door.  "Why did you help him?" I decide to just jump in and ask.  Like wripping off a band-aid.

"I knew you were going to ask that.  Harry, I'm so sorry.  You know I love you but he would...he would threaten to kill you or Gemma if I didn't do what he said." I hear her start crying.

"Mum, shhh.  It's okay.  I understand.  I'm not angry and I forgive you!  I love you." I say trying to comfort her.

"Thank you so much.  I love you too, H." says my mum and takes a deep breathe.  I hear Gemma talking to her on the other end.

"Is that Gemma?" I ask smiling.

"Yes.  Would you like to talk to her?" she asks.

"Yeah." I say and hear the phone being shuffled around to Gemma.  Honestly, I like Gemma a lot more after all that has happened.  No matter what, she was always on my side.

"Hey, Hazz." Gemma says sounding cheerful.

"Hi!" I say.  "I miss you.  How've you been?"

"Great!  How about you?  How's the leg and eye?" she asks sounding concerned but still exicted to talk to me.

"They're getting better.  Still pretty sore though." Talking to Gemma feels so much more comforting than talking to mum.  Gemma makes me feel much more calm.

"Are you and mum getting along?" she asks.  I knew she was going to ask that.

"I think so.  She seems really upset....How is she doing?"

"She's pretty upset.  She feels horrible about everything." she explains.  "How are you feeling about everything?"

"Alright." I say and decide to end the conversation.  I've had enough of talking to Gemma and mum for the day.  All I want to do right now is eat and watch TV. "Well, I gotta go.  Room service is gonna be here soon with breakfast."

"Alright." she says laughing.  "Bye, Hazz.  Love you."

"Love you too, Gemma." I say and hang up the phone.  After shoving my phone back into my pocket, I grab my crutches and clumsily make my way back into the hotel room.  When I finally fall on the bed, Louis and Niall laugh at me a bit.

"You're getting better!" Niall says smiling at me.

"Thanks." I say and laugh.

LIAM'S POV

When I wake up, room service is ready and warm.  After breakfast, we have time to get ready before going to record some more.  Everyone is already heading to the recording studio and Harry and I are the only ones left.  As I get dressed, I hear Harry in the bathroom.

"Harry?" I call to him.  It takes a few seconds for him to respond.

"Yeah." I finally hear him answer as I pull up my jeans.

"Did you take your pain killer?" I ask as I open up the bathroom door.  Suddenly, Harry pushes me out of the bathroom and slams the door shut.  I stand shocked and confused outside of the bathroom door. "Harry?  What's wrong?"

"You can't see." he says seeming scared.

"Can't see?  Can't see, what?" I ask and put on my shoes.

"My...you know." he says and I look at the door confused.  What is he naked in there?  Is Harry saying that I can't see his penis?  He walks around butt naked all the time!

"Your penis?  Harry, I've seen your penis." I explain and he opens the door.

"Never mind.  Just forget it." he says and slips on his one shoe.  I chuckle a little bit.  For some reason, I find this whole one leg thing pretty funny.

"What can't I see?" I ask and hold open the door for him.

"It's just...," he starts and waits for me outside the door as I grab my wallet and phone.  "I don't know.  I don't know why but I really don't want anyone to see all the bruises.  I've been trying to hide them but it's kind of hard to."

"I get it.  When we get back from recording, we can put like two-hundred ice packs on you.  They'll heal quicker." I explain trying to comfort him.  "You'll be fine."

"Thanks, Liam.  For not freaking out or something." he says as we walk onto the elevator.  "It really means a lot to me."

"No problem, bro." I say and smile to myself.