Chapter Two-The Tears Down My Face

LIAM POV

"No!  No!  Stop it!  Mum, let go of me!" I hear Harry screaming.  I sit up and rub my eyes.  I'm not bothered too much about Harry bothering us because I hadn't slept anyways.  Ever since Danielle broke up with my sleeping has seemed impossible.

"Harry?  Harry?" Zayn calls from his bed.  I look around and notice everyone is awake.

"I think he's asleep." Niall says and we all crawl onto Harry and Louis's bed.  Harry is kickin and screaming.  "What wrong with him?"

"I think he's having a nightmare." Louis says and Harry let's out another scream.

"Probably a night terror."  I explain. "My sister used to have them when she was a littie kid.  He'll wake up in a few minutes."

"Alright.  Where's his phone?" Niall asks and Louis hands it to him from the side table.  "I'm gonna call his sister and ask if he's had them before.  Maybe she can help."

"Good plan." Louis says and start rubbing Harry's back.  I hope he's okay.

"You only wanna talk to her because you think she's hot!" Zayn teases and Niall laughs then ignores him.  It was so true though.  Yet again, I'm pretty sure all of us (besides Harry, of course) have had a huge crush on Harry's mum, Anne and his sister, Gemma.

LOUIS POV

"Why can't you just leave me alone and go to bed?" he says in a shaky voice.  Wait.  He's not sick.  He's crying.

"Haz, what's wrong?" I ask in a caring tone as I wrap my arm around him.  "Tell me." He rolls over and looks at me.  I look over to make sure Zayn is still asleep.  He's laid out on his bed and drool is dripping from his mouth.  Yeah, he's asleep.

"Remember how we went home a few days ago to visit our family?" Harry asks.  I can feel his whole body shaking.

"Yeah," I respond.  How could I forget?

"Well, I have a stepdad now a-and whenever my mum and Gemma were gone, he-he would hit me o-or kick me... one time he even burned my arm," he says and bursts into tears.  I hold his head against my chest and stroke his curly brown hair.

"Shhh," I whisper as he cries.

"You can't tell anyone," he says and whimpers.

"But what about when we go back home to visit again?" I ask and he pulls away then cuddles up against my side.  I stroke his hair again.

"I'll do better next time.  I'll avoid him," he says as his tears make my t-shirt wet.

"No.  You can come home with me.  I don't want you going back there," I say and he nods.  Suddenly, we hear Niall and Liam walk in through the hotel room door.  Harry quickly turns over and wipes his tears away.

"Hey, Lou," Liam says as I pull the covers to my shoulders to cover the wet spots from Harry's tears. "Wow.  Is he already asleep?" Niall asks pointing to Harry.  None of us are surprised that Zayn is already asleep.  He's always the first to fall asleep.  Harry is usually second to last. "Yeah.  He was pretty tired," I say and Niall gets changed.

"I bet.  He was working his butt off today.  Does he have a sore throat?" Liam asks as he takes out his laptop.

"No, he doesn't.  I'm gonna go to bed," I say and lie down.

"Night, Lou," Liam says as I drift off into a deep sleep.  

HARRY'S POV

I'm sitting on my bed in my bedroom.  My new stepdad is pacing back and forth yelling at me for something wrong I did.  I'm not so sure what it is this time but it's probably just as stupid as all his other reasons are to hurt me.  My mum, who I once loved and trusted, is now holding me down so I don't try to run when he hurts me.  Truthfully, I could fight against her.  If I truly wanted to, I could easliy do it but she's my mum.  I know she's helping this horrible man I'm supposed to call my "step father" hurt me and I should fight against her but I just can't.  I don't want to hurt her.  Even though she hurts me.  He takes a deep breath as he puts his cigarette in his mouth then blows the smoke in my face. "You're in big trouble, Styles," he says and I nod pretending to feel ashamed.  I feel his hand take a tight grip on my wrist as he presses his cigar against my skin.  Tears drip down my cheeks and I let out screams of pain as I feel the cigarette burning the skin on my wrist.  I beg my stepdad to stop and for my mum to let go but they don't listen at all.  "Harry!" my stepdad yells.  "Harry!"

Harry!  Harry!" someone is shaking me awake.  I'm back in my hotel room yelling and crying.  "Shh!"

"Should we get Simon?" Louis asks and rubs my back as I cry into my pillow.  I let out another loud whimper.

"Harry, shhh," I hear Zayn whisper near me.  "It's okay.  You're safe now.  It was all just a bad dream."

"Has he ever had any bad dreams?" I hear Niall say and I look up feeling curious of who he's talking to. He has my phone in his hand and he's talking to someone.

"Who are you talking to?" I ask and Niall walks down the hall.

"He's talking to Gemma," Liam says.  "You were yelling so loud that we woke up.  Are you okay?"

"I guess-ss," I say in a shaky tone.

"What was your nightmare about?" Zayn asks and I look down to see the scar on my wrist from the time my stepdad burned me.  I wish I could say it was just a dream but it was a flashback.