26

Rosie's p.o.v

After the initial shock, I throw the hammer in the air a few times, messing around with it. "It's not too dissimilar to my bow", I observe, "It's pretty much weightless, but you can kind of feel the power radiating from it".

And you can, it's like an add-on to your ego, every time you hold it. It's both terrifying and incredible.

"So.. does this mean you two can swap weapons?" Agent Hill asks, her eyes fixed on the Mjolnir.

It's an interesting idea, and could be useful in battle. "I'm not sure". I place the hammer back onto the table, raising my hand and calling the bow to me. Within seconds it's in my palm and I offer it to Thor.

I wasn't expecting his fist to plummet to the floor, pinned there by my rose-decorated bow.

Yet another shocked silence falls over the room, everybody's eyes fixed on the dent in the floor and Thor's pathetic hand.

Fighting back a smile, I crouch down next to him, coaxing the weapon from his clutch "oh".

His ego noticeably damaged, Thor rises to his feet.

Sniggers sound from the rest of the group and I make a point of holding both magical objects at the same time.

"Better luck next time big guy" Dad calls from the corner, more laughs filling the room.

A frown infects the god's expression "It must be a trick".

Everyone laughs even harder at the irony and I take the opportunity to release my wings and horns "Or perhaps, you're just not worthy". For the first time in a while, I realise that I'm having fun. I'm not thinking about risks or what could happen in the future, I'm living in the moment and enjoying it.

It's short lived.

A high pitched shriek shoots right through my brain. The Mjølnir drops from my hand, caught quickly by Thor, his ego now forgotten. I can feel my eyes change colour, the burning sensation settling in the pit of my stomach, working it's way through my body.

And then the noise stops, but the burning doesn't. In fact, it intensifies.

I fight to stay on my feet but end up slumping against the couch as a new wave of pain washes over me. A small whine escapes my
mouth "Dad".

He's barely reached my side before it appears.

It was formerly an iron legion suit, now I'm not so sure. Various wires and pieces of metal hang from the mangled machinery, a scene of errors and mistakes.

"Worthy... No... How could you be worthy? You're all killers" the voice is slightly robotic, but with an edge that I can't quite identify. What I can identify, is that it burns my blood stream even more. It takes everything within me to prevent from vomiting on the floor. My dad rubs circles on my back, knowing exactly what my body will be doing right now.

"Stark" Steve doesn't take his eyes off of the hunk of metal.

Dad looks from me to the suit, "Jarvis".

There's no response, the burning gets worse.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or...I was a-dream?" raising a hand to it's head, the suit stumbles forwards a few steps.

Dad pulls a StarkPad out of his pocket in an attempt to fix the situation "Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit".

"This isn't a bug" I choke out, my hands gripping the couch as if my life depends on it "It's literally sentient".

"There was a terrible noise...and I was tangled in... in...strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guys".

Steve's brow furrows. "You killed someone?" he echoes our thoughts, the true horror of the situation beginning to set in.