epilogue

rosie's p.o.v

i stand in the centre of our living room, surrounded by nat, dad, pepper, happy, and rhodey, none of them as excited as i am.

i bounce around the room, my wings bouncing behind me and making me feel like an angel. every now and again dad will throw something at me as a test and i'll block it with either one of my new feathery limbs.

"so they just.. sprouted?" pepper asks natasha, taking the longest to understand out of anyone. i can't blame her really, everyone else has experienced weird things regularly and she's quite new to it all.

nat smirks "one minute she was conscious, then she wasn't, then she woke up with wings".

dad shakes his head as i stand on the back of the sofa and wiggle my torso, causing the feathers to ruffle "took a year for it all to work itself out didn't it" he muses "this all began on your last birthday".

"exactly on midnight again" rhodey adds "it's like she planned it".

"if i had planned it, it would've been with a lot less accusations of being a liar" i butt in as i recall all of the times dad looked at me as if i was insane.

he looks guilty and i immediately feel bad so i bounce over to him and clamber onto his lap, cuddling into his stomach "i missed you".

i'm half referring to the time ive spent away from him recently, but also the year where we've been distanced because we had this unspoken awkwardness in which he didn't believe me and i resented him "missed you too tiny, happy birthday by the way. stop growing".

"i don't want to be four foot two forever" i complain, lifting my face from his t-shirt to look at him with puppy dog eyes.

"tough luck" he jumps up, grabbing me as i slip from his legs and holding me upside down, shaking me a little.

my wings spread out behind me as i laugh and try to grab onto him. once i'm upright again he gives an approving nod towards my outfit "nice suit roos".

"thanks" i grin "nat chose it".

"would that be nat for natalie or natasha?" pepper narrows her eyes at the spy and i giggle.

"pep there's no point she knew before either of us" dad rubs his face and shakes his head, clearly ashamed that he let himself be fooled so easily.

pepper's jaw goes slack "you told rosalie?".

nat shrugs "she worked it out for herself first, little goddess powers or whatever, i just let her know that she wasn't a 'problem child'" she makes quotation marks with her fingers.

"you know i didn't mean that right?" dad tugs my arm so i look at him "you're not a problem rose".

"i know" i grin "i saw this happening already".

dad stares at me for a moment and then holds out his arms for me to go into. i gladly accept, taking the hug because i haven't had many from him lately.

"you forgive me?" he asks into my hair.

"of course" i reassure him "but clint said that if i didnt i could move in with him so watch your step".

dad raises an eyebrow jokingly before asking "who's clint?".

natasha laughs out loud from across the room "you'd hate him".

"he's great" i smirk, curling into my dad's t-shirt.

so for now, everything's great.

i have antlers, wings, weird powers that no one understands, and i'm happy.

i have my dad back, and that's what matters to me the most.

omg what a ride

sooooo

opinions on rosalie now? she has antlers and wings which is pretty cool in my opinion.

who's excited for the next parts cause i literally can't wait to write them :) luckily i don't have to.

i hope you guys enjoyed this bit i appreciate feedback and votes <3

arwen xxx