21

Rosie's p.o.v

"At long last is lasting a little long boys" I can almost hear the roll of Nat's eyes over the comms as I walk down the halls, shooting anyone who gets in my way. I'm on a mission and I wish to succeed.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise" Clint agrees.

"Boys? Let's not forget about Roo." Cap objects, his dignity taking the brunt of Natasha's words.

"Uhm, which one of us is in the building? Oh yeah, that would be me" I correct him with a smirk, an expression I think I inherited from my dad. We both like to win, to be able to rub it in people's faces. It's a Stark thing.

There's a hum over the comms "What she said" Nat almost sings.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language', twice?" Dad asks with a hint of disgust.

I snort, more engrossed in the conversation than I am in the guards that I'm taking out left, right and centre. I can't help it, it's amusing.

The shame in Steve's voice when he says "I know" is even funnier. "It just slipped out" he sighs.

The conversation fizzles out a little after that, so I focus my full attention on the task at hand. These halls appear to be never ending, a repetition of blank walls and floors that seem to be here just to confuse me. Knowing Hydra, they probably are. To be fair, one wrong turn and I'm going to end up in a cage, it's quite a good technique. They want as many enhanced as possible. Shame I'm so much more powerful than them.

There's some commotion over the comms, and I can't really work out what's going on. It's distracting me though, so I end up turning mine off. I need to focus, and the noise in my ear and pain in my side aren't helping.

I stand still for a moment, mapping out the route in my head with those little lights that made up that vision the other night. I've had more of them, and they tend to be quite useful in situations like this when I don't know where to go.

Once I've got it down, I follow the path I've made for myself. Any obstacles in my way are wiped out by my powers and I navigate the building with ease now I know where I'm going. It's perfect.

When I've found the room, I turn my comm back on "Hey I think I'm almost in".

"Great, stay where you are and wait for me" Dad replies, he sounds like he's just done a lot of running.

I contemplate it for a moment, but then examine the room and get excited "I would, but that sounds boring and I think I'm about to go through a secret door. Are you even in yet?".

"Only just, Clint's down" He explains quickly, as he's talking I let my powers guide me to the wall. My hands press against it and it swings open without much force "Rosalie you'd better not be going in there without me".

I laugh "You snooze you lose old man". I step into the dimly lit hall as my dad sighs and smile to myself. I love winning.

I pretty much tune out anything anyone says whilst I let myself get excited. I literally skip down the hall, high knees and pointed toes. I've never found a secret passage before, it's exhilarating. I slowly change from a skip to a run, enjoying the sense of freedom that comes with this kind of thing. The sense of invincibility. It's unlike anything else.

I love having powers sometimes, when I don't feel lonely or just like a freak in general. Sometimes, it's great.

After a while of running, I reach what looks like a storeroom, it's huge, weapons and technology lining rows joins rows of shelves. This room alone must contain enough to take out the whole world. It's scary, how much power individuals hold, how oblivious the rest of the world are to the constant danger they're in.