confessions

The café near our school was crowded with kids so Yuta led me to a smaller, more secluded cafe that was only a block away. We walked next to eachother without saying anything until we reached the café. We finally flopped down in the booth farthest away from the windows and i couldn't take it anymore.

"I thought you hated me."

Yuta turned his head and his jaw dropped for a second.
"I thought you hated me" he replied, a smile hinted at his lips.

"I-why would you- well except for when you talked to me behind a shelf for months and lied about who you were, maybe but now no."

"You ran away from me! And jaehyun said-" Yuta started but then stopped.

"Jaehyun said what?" I asked, puzzled. "And i only ran away because i thought it was all a joke."

"Jaehyun told me stay away from you, just very recently actually, and Irene, she made me think you were doing amazing without me." He explained. "Like you didn't want me in your life." he mumbled.

My heart ached, I hated what i put Irene through, to the point where she felt like she couldn't even ask me how if i was okay. But It was the last thing he said that made me upset.
"Jaehyun did what?"

"He- he told me to stay away, to leave you alone. He's mad."

i felt hot tears form in my eyes. I swiped at them quickly. How could he do that? My friend from the beginning, stabbed me in the back. Questions raced through my mind. How did he know? Why was he so upset that made him threaten yuta?
Just when i thought things were finally, finally, coming together they fell apart, again.
"It's okay." Yuta said, his eyes sparkled with sympathy. It was like he could sense how upset this made me. "We'll see what we can do to fix things, okay."
It felt like we'd known eachother for so long. The way he talked to me and how we blurted out our thoughts, it felt
normal. We were talking face to face, not behind a shelf.
"Why, why were you scared that meeting me was just a joke?" Yuta asked.
"Because it seemed like such a Yuta thing. Get someone to fall in lo- i mean confide with you and then suprise them with 'hey i'm not who you thought i was and here's my friends who laughed with me while we played you!'"
"oh. I just wanted to talk to
you, be your friend. For real."
Yuta comfessed and i felt heat rise to my cheeks.
"Just friends?" I teased.
Yuta smirked, "yeah, if jaehyun wasn't out for my blood."
Suddenly someone called my name and i turned to the voice.
"Taeyong? Yuta?" Kyla called, she pranced over. "I thought you guys were forever avoiding eachother? Talking behind a shelf and all that?"

My mouth gaped open, "How do you know about the shelf thing?"

"I spend enough time in the library to know what goes on in secretly." She shudder a bit, signaling that she had definitely seen shit go on the library. "But you two actually talking? that's new."

"Yeah." I mumbled shyly. I looked at Yuta who watched Kyla with a sparkle in his eye.
"Hey Kyla, you know jaehyun, right?" He asked.
"Yeah, i talk to him."
"Great, I think you could help us with something."

A/N
sorry for like not updating for a good month IM JUST SO BAD AT WRITING THINGS LIKE THIS
this chapter is so overdue and i can't wait to get more ideas for it so i can edit it later
ALSO
a song for this chapter is
"Love Is Not Over" by BTS
ALSO
some of y'all really thought Kyla was the disclosed point of view in the other chapter i'm-🗿