reunited

Taeyong pov:

I stood in front of my mirror checking my outfit and mentally going over the steps to my dance that i'll be performing. I couldn't stop memorizing everything. This performance needed to be perfect. I couldn't slip up. My practices had been either really early in the morning or really late at night because of irene's hectic schedule. The only time i can practice at actually decent hours is if i'm alone. My phone rang and i checked it to see if any of the boys texted me, they haven't been around much lately.

I entered homeroom looked around the room, specifically at Yuta's seat. He didn't see me. Yuta sat hunched over with his red hoodies over his head, pieces of his chestnut colored hair fell over his eyes. I wanted to hug him, tell him i'm sorry for whatever the fuck went on, just talk to him. But for all i know, he probably hates me.

The bell rang and Jaehyun rushed in, sitting down without saying anything. I brushed him off doodles on my paper.

During dance, Mark and Johnny were the only ones who really talked to me, Taeil was busy flirting with some girl and jaehyun just sat there, staring hard at the ground. I looked for Yuta but he wasn't in class. I hoped he wasn't kicking it with a new girl because i really like him.

Lunch came around and we all sat at our table and finally had a conversation.
"I heard Mr. Kim is going to give us some dumb group project next period." groaned Johnny.
"Are you kidding me, i feel like i just did one for him." Taeil replied, chomping on his salad.
"I hope we can pick our partners." Jaehyun chimed in.
For once everything felt somewhat normal.

Everyone complained when the bell rang, not wanting to go to the next class but me. I didn't really mind it, if anything this'll probably distract me from stressing about my concert.

Class went by slowly and boringly. The dreaded project was finally brought up around the end of class. Mr kim explains what it was and that he was indeed picking partners which made jaehyun put his head down in misery.

As he read off names, i tuned out and started going over the steps to my dance in my head.
"...And Taeyong."
i jerked my head up "Hm?"
"Yuta and Taeyong."
But he's not here.
"Hello? Taeyong come get the rubric." Mr. Kim waved the paper. I was about to get up when a boy in a red hoodie snatched the paper and sat down.
My heart started racing. When did Yuta come back to class? Was he going to kick me out of the project and find a new partner?

Lost in my thoughts, i didn't realize the bell rang and school was over. I walked out and waited by the door. The impossible happened and now i needed to do something

I waited for a minute watching the students shuffle out of the classroom. I noticed Yutas red hoodie and snatched his hand, without thinking. Adrenaline coursed through my body.
"I-, we need to talk." was all i could manage to get out. Yuta looked at me with hard eyes and i thought i was going to cry. And then, without a moment to process, he hugged me. He hugged me so tight. I felt so safe. I buried my head in his chest and breathed in his cologne.
"I'm so sorry." i mumbled, letting a tear fall. Yuta only hugged me harder. it felt like time stopped and it was only us. I just wanted to stay like that forever

"Come on, let's go eat." he said and i only nodded as he led me down the hallway.

A/N
wow i'm upset this chapter was like the big reveal and it's s o b a d
happy holidays my loves!!
stream Candle Light!!