Reuinion?

I knocked on Irene's dorm door quickly. I waited a moment and the door was still closed.

Did she know i was here?
Did she still not want to talk to me?

I contemplating leaving but then the door open and irenes sunken eyes widened.

At first, everything paused. We just stood there watching eachother taking in eachothers new appearances.  For a second i thought she was going to slam the door in my face.

Irene had dyed her hair red (for promotions i presumed) and her eyes were still somewhat sunken in. But they did have a new glint to them. She wearing stylish sweats and a long shirt.

The long T shirt reminded of the one i let her wear the night Doyoung broke up with her.

Everything was frozen but then Irene threw her arms around me. She buried her hand in my chest and started sniffling. I couldn't do anything but hug her back. i was just so relieved.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." She mumbled over and over.

"It's okay, it's okay. You were right." I answered rubbing her back.

She pulled back and i could see redness in her eyes.

"What do you mean i was right?" She asked leading me inside her dorm.

"I do like yuta!" I cried. And it felt good to finally say it. "He was the boy! He was the one i was talking too!"

Irene nodded her head probably trying to understand.

"You're not mad right? I'm sorry for everything. I just don't know anymore. I do need you to help me. I'm so so sorry, Irene. I thought i could do everything on my own but i can't. I really can't. I'm so sorry. You were right. You always are. I'm so sorry for everything i said. You're my best friend, Irene. I need you."

I let the words tumble out because i couldn't stop them.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'm not mad anymore. I should've never said anything. It's just.." She trailed off.

"Its just what?"

"He asked me to keep tabs on you since that whole thing with Lucas and Jungwoo." She explained.

that was so long ago.

"When did he last text you?"

"Like two days ago, after a performance. I didn't know what to say so i just said you were fine."

I groaned. "But I'm not." I felt tears forming. "These weeks without you have been the worst and i don't even know why!"

"I missed you, Taeyong."

My eyes lit up, "Irene, i have something super important to ask you." I paused. "I was invited to The Seoul Family Concert to do a duo dance. I wanted to know if you wanted to do with me?"  I raised my eyebrows and my scrunched in uncertainty.

Irenes face lifted and she smiled widely. "You're dead serious?"

"Yes" i replied and she tackled me with a hug.

"Of course!! I can't wait. This is amazing! I'm so proud of you Taeyong. You're album is amaizng I've been listening to it my whole trip. I'm like a proud mom." Irene boasted.

Upon her last sentence, my face fell but i quickly fixed it.

"Anyways, enough about me, we can talk about Yuta later. How was japan? Any cute idols?" I raised my eyebrows,

Irene hit me with a pillow. "I wish. It was so exhausting!" she sighed.

"And i missed you a lot."

We spent the rest of the day and well into the night laying on her bed talking. I was so happy to be talking again. I missed her so much.

Maybe everything wasn't so hopeless after all.

A/N
Oof i feel like all of my 'big reveal' chapters are so boring and unoriginal but go off i guess