38- A Threat To Kiaan

Începe de la început

She changed her expressions into a glare. Sharp, flaming glare. Shooting right towards me.

"I know you had that panic attack yesterday. Why did you tell me? Do you know how many questions Dhruv was asking me? He was so worried but didn't have the courage to question you directly. In fact, he thinks I'm lying! He doesn't believe me that you're scared of clowns because of that stupid movie we watched as kids and that stupid dummy of Jai's! Why did uncle even gift him that? Handed a joker, to another joker." She burst out holding her head with her hands in frustrations.

I lied to her making up a story that, 'one day the lights went out. I was alone at home doing homework. I lit up the candle, turning around I noticed Jai's clown dummy that dad gifted him. Seeing it suddenly really scared me.' to make this look even real, I told her this made up story the day after we watched a horror clown movie.

There was no way I was going to tell her about aunty. I was scared myself, so telling her was out of question.

Thankfully, we were little so she brought it.

"Don't worry." I let out a sign seeing young couples eating, laughing and talking to one other, looking so happy. So calm. "Kiaan would speak to him. I-it very normal for him to wonder."

"Yes it is actually." Aditi said, her voice not so soft now. "Why did you get that panic attack so suddenly? After so long Jaanvi."

"I'm leaving for New York in two days. We'll return after ten days. Want me to get you something?" I tried diverting her thoughts, as I wrote some numbers on my notebooks to keep myself busy.

"Yes actually." She replied in an extreme calm tone. Her anger never disappears so quickly, it seemed odd. "Bring me the old honest Jaanvi back. The one standing in front of me lies all the time. She doesn't even bother telling me that she sees those things again!" Bitterness coming out of her voice all in once, not making me feel any better.

She was right but I wasn't wrong as well. How long am I supposed to tell her everything? She wasn't my mother to keep tabs on me. The more I tell her the more suspicious she'll get. I didn't want any of that. Least not now.

The way she said 'those things,' it made me feel like I was different. Different in a negative way. I was certainly not seeing ghosts.

My attention was on my phone now. The ping noise had already distracted me, I took it in my hand. Opening up the phone I saw a message from Kiaan.

Kaan (Ear)- We'rey goingy toy Newy Yorky iny twoy daysy. Packy youy bagsy, goldy diggery.

A faint smile lingered on my red lips reading his message. I read the message again with the same effect on my cheeks. They were all red. Redder than the red rose. He remembers the Y's. I shook my head biting my lips as I typed.

'I'my noty ay goldy diggery, I'my ay tripy diggery. Remembery Iy don't likey goldy?' Hitting sent I waited for his reply

A minute later I received a message from him.

Kaan (Ear)- 'Doesn'ty mattery, stilly usingy my money.'

Money. I hated that word.

It brought happiness for some and loneliness for others. The problem was this stupid money. If there was no money there wouldn't be show offers as well. And no white shoes for Kiaan.

~

"Jaanvi I'm sitting in the middle ok?" I heard Kiaan's voice behind me was I walked to out seat. He didn't sound over confident like before, not even confident to be honest. He sounded very nervous. More like scared. Wait, was he scared of planes? I looked back raising my eyebrows, trying to read every single detail he left.