Chapter22

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing alright!

First of all, happy Christmas to everyone who celebrates it, and happy holidays to the ones who don't celebrate it such as myself.

Here is a new chapter!

Enjoy!

**********************

Anna was enjoying the hot water that was cascading her back and relaxing her aching muscles. She never knew that living with the Black family would be that hard. Jacob was a very demanding man. He had a lot of rules and wanted everything to go his way. Weirdly enough, Anna liked her relationship with him. He was willing to teach her new things and treated her like his own children. He was even having conversations with her and giving her pieces of advice. Anna stepped out from the shower and started drying her hair.

Twenty minutes later, Anna stood in front of her vanity mirror. She was satisfied with her final look. Her hair was styled in big black curls that reached below her shoulders. Her make-up was kept to a minimum, which consisted of eyeliner and lip-gloss. Anna made sure her appearance was simple but elegant at the same time.

Choosing her clothes was the hard part and took most of her time. But the final result was satisfying for the girl, as she opted for a green blouse and a short black skirt with black heels.

As always, breakfast was a silent affair at the Black residence, but it didn't bother Anna anymore. She felt comfortable and enjoyed the quietness that surrounded her especially in the morning. Matt was the first one to speak after finishing his meal.

"Someone is looking beautiful today."

Anna rolled her eyes and chose to ignore his teasing.

"She has to look beautiful since Hunter would arrive today from his trip, and she would meet him later." Aiden decided to join his brother's teasing.

Before Anna could say something in retort, Jacob spoke.

"Aiden, you will be Anna's driver today."

Those words were enough to catch the boy's attention. He looked at his father like he was crazy.

"What? Why should I be her driver? Isn't Carlos available today?"

"No, he is not. And I think my orders were clear, so don't question me." Jacob spoke sternly.

"But I am going to visit Noona today, and I promised to keep her company all day." Aiden attempted to change his father's order one last time.

"Take Anna with you then and spend time with your Noona as much as you like, and when the time comes, go and take her to meet Hunter." Jacob paused for a few seconds letting his words sink, then spoke again in a hard tone "It is strike one Aiden, don't push me and especially today."

With that, Jacob left the room leaving behind him a fuming Aiden. After awkward moments of silence, Karen smiled brightly and patted her son on the shoulder.

"Don't be upset, you know how he becomes when stressed with work. Just take Anna with you. I am sure Gabriella will love her."

Aiden sighed and faked a smile for his mother's sake.

"Okay mom, I will tell her you said hi."

Anna nodded at Karen and followed Aiden. At some point, she had to run to catch up with his long strides. Once in the car, Anna tried her best to cope with the silence, but the tension kept growing and it was impossible for her to stay silent.