Chapter35

Hello everyone!

Happy new year to you all! I know it is late but I wanted to wish you a year full of happiness and achievements.

Enjoy!

************

Anna sighed heavily as she sat next to Alex's bed. He didn't wake up yet, and his chest and leg were bandaged heavily. She clasped his cold hand in her warmer one trying exasperatedly to transform some of it to his body.

"Come on Alex, you have to wake up. It had been so long since you opened your eyes. Didn't you sleep enough already?" Anna's words were faced with nothing but silence.

Anna felt tears gathering in her eyes. The last few days were hard on her. She spoke with Edward, and he assured her Alex would be fine but will need time to wake up. It was like a curse following them. Every time someone is hurt, they are all afraid he would never wake up again. The process of waiting was worse than the final result itself.

"It is time we return to your room." The nurse's words brought Anna out of her mind-consuming thoughts. Anna squeezed Alex's hand one last time and followed the nurse who helped her adjust her clutches.

"Thank you so much for accompanying me," Anna said with a smile to the nurse who was helping her lay on the bed after she helped her walk to the room.

"It was my pleasure to walk with you, Miss Anna. I hope the fresh air would help you to recover. Also, don't worry much, Mr. Alex will be fine in no time."

Indeed the fresh air was a breather from the confines of her room. Anna rested her back against the head of the bed and closed her eyes. It had been six days since she woke up. Her injuries were mostly healed by now. Edward even told her she can leave the hospital at the end of the week.

"Didn't Hunter come to visit me today?" Anna asked hopefully.

"No Miss, he didn't come." The nurse said with an apologetic smile. Anna nodded and sighed. Hunter didn't come back to her room since the day he spent the night with her. She waited for him every day, but he never came.

"I will leave those books here for you so you won't get bored." The nurse said and placed a stack of books and magazines on Anna's bedside table before she left her.

Anna grabbed a book and started reading it in an attempt to get the thought of Hunter out of her mind.

Twenty minutes later, she heard knocking on her door. She cleared her throat and said, "come in."

A large smile broke on Anna's face when she saw Lillian and Diana enter her room. She placed the book in its place and returned the hugs both girls offered to her.

"And how is our princess today?" Diana asked taking a seat on one of the sofas scattered around the room.

"I am feeling great. The walk in the garden did me tons of good." Anna replied, leaving the part of her visit to Alex out of the conversation since she knew the animosity between him and the Salviatti clan.

"Look! I brought you your favourite cupcakes." Lillian waved a paper bag in front of Anna's face. Anna's eyes lit up and she clapped her hands excitedly

"Wow! Thank you so much, Lillian. This is the best gift ever. I was getting sick of the food Edward instructed me to eat."

Lillian rolled her eyes,

"tell me about it, I have to beg him so I can bring you the cupcakes. He was adamant that you need healthy food. My winning ticket was the fact that they are homemade."

Anna fetched one cupcake and took a bit. She moaned in delight as the blueberries jam attacked her taste buds. Lillian and Diana kept their silence until Anna was done eating the treats.