chapter5

Hello everyone! I am back with a new chapter.

When I re-read the chapters I posted before I noticed some mistakes I didn't see before publishing and I promise I will correct them when I have time. Please take into consideration that those chapters are unedited.

Enjoy reading!

*******************************************

When Anna woke up the next morning, it took her a few minutes to realize her whereabouts. She sat up in her bed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She went to the bathroom and took care of her business. Today, she wore black skinny jeans and an oversized white t-shirt with white trainers. She brushed her hair and pulled it in a high ponytail.

She opened her room door and looked out in the corridor. The house was dead silent and it seemed like everyone still sleeping. Anna took the first step out of her room and start walking down the stairs.

When she finished the stairs, a maid in a black skirt and white blouse appeared in front of her. She bowed her head and said formally:

"Good morning Ms. Sanders, I was about to come up to your room and wake you. Mrs. Black requires your presence in the dining room for breakfast. If you would please follow me, I will lead the way."

Once Anna nodded her head in agreement, the woman turned her back and start walking down another hallway. Anna followed her while staring at the big pictures in golden frames hanging on the walls. The house was modern and at the same time classic which gave it a special thing.

The maid turned to the right and opened a big oak door to reveal a large dining room with a twelve seat table that dominated most of the space. Jacob was sitting at the head of the table while Karen sat on the chair to his right. When Karen noticed Anna standing in the doorway with the maid behind her, she smiled while Jacob looked up from his tablet and just nodded at her.

"Good morning sweetie, come and join us for breakfast," Karen greeted pleasantly.

Anna couldn't resist smiling back. This woman was strange, she had a lot of love and wasn't afraid to share it with people around her. Anna started walking to the table. It was obvious she would take the seat next to Karen. It was unlikely for her to eat her food beside Jacob. His face was hard as ever and his lips were set in a thin line. She wasn't used to his facial expressions and in her mind will never be.

Anna felt awkward and kept her gaze on her plate. She was used to her friend's chatter and endless talking but now the room was silent apart from the sound of the utensils connecting with the plates. Karen was the first to break the silence.

"Jacob, I want you to arrange security today for me and Anna. I wish to go shopping with her," Karen spoke to her husband.

Jacob put his fork and knife down and looked at his wife.

"Of course dear, I will call Carlos and let him know. He will make all the required arrangements." He stated with a kind voice.

Jacob stood up from his chair and turned his icy stare towards Anna who finished eating and was listening to the conversation between the two of them.

"I need to talk with you. If you are done eating follow me," he ordered her like usual and started walking towards the door.

Anna felt butterflies erupting in her stomach. She was nervous and curious at the same time. She shot Karen a pleading look hoping the woman will save her from being alone with Jacob, but Karen just smiled at her reassuringly and motioned with her head in the direction where Jacob had disappeared. Anna sighed and jogged towards the door to catch up with the man.