Chapter12

Hello everyone!

First of all, special thanks to @sinyorina16 for the amazing cover.
Here I am with a new chapter.
Enjoy reading!
★★★★★★★★★

It had been five years since Hunter saw Ethan, his older brother. Five years since he convinced himself that Ethan doesn't exist anymore in this world. But seeing him now standing before him changed everything. Five years of denying his brother came crashing right in front of his eyes.

"Let me take a look at your injury," Ethan stepped closer and tried to reach for his brother's arm.
Hunter took several steps back and spoke coldly."Uncle Edward will take care of it."

Hunter squeezed Anna's hand tightly trying to calm his nerves. She was his anchor at the moment, and the only reason he didn't punch his so-called brother. Hunter took a deep breath when Lillian appeared in the scene and whispered something in Ethan's ear that seemed to make him understand that his help wasn't needed.

"Edward is waiting for you in the medical wing," Lillian spoke in a gentle voice.Without another word, Hunter started walking with Anna beside him.

"are you okay?" Anna asked in a hushed tone.

Hunter inhaled deeply and tried to make his voice reassuring as much as he can at the moment. He realized that Anna never saw him that angry, and the emotions that crossed his face earlier certainly scared her. He stopped walking and faced her.

"I am fine Anna. Don't worry about me. Uncle Edward will fix my arm."

Hunter saw a lot of questions on the tip of her tongue and more curiosity dancing in her eyes, but he was grateful when she just nodded and resumed walking again. True to Lillian's words, they found Edward waiting for them. He motioned for Hunter to lay down on the bed, but the latter shook his head and spoke determinatively.

"Examine her first."

Edward knew better than arguing with his nephew and instructed Anna to stretch on the bed so he could disinfect the several scratches marring her arms. He was impressed with the girl who kept still and didn't complain about the sting he was sure she was feeling. He handed her two pills of ibuprofen to lessen the pain in her sore muscles.

Hunter saw the hesitation in Anna's eyes when his uncle ordered her to go to her room. So with heavy steps, he went to her and held her hands.

"Go to your room, Anna. I will visit you tomorrow first thing in the morning."

"But I want to stay and make sure you are okay. Your arm is looking worse by the minute." Anna objected.

"Don't argue with me, Anna. Go and rest. Knowing you are okay, will ease my mind."

Anna nodded silently and kissed his cheek, then turned her back and left the room. Hunter saw the hurt in her eyes, but he can't bring himself to let her stay and witness what will happen next. His life will take wild turns in the next upcoming days. And he doesn't want her to see that ugly side of his life yet.

He sat on the bed and remained silent while his uncle dabbed his arm with cotton full of disinfectants.

"The wound isn't that deep but it will need stitches," Edward informed then headed to his cabinet to retrieve the necessary equipment for performing the task.

Hunter stayed stone-faced through the ordeal and didn't show any emotions, apart from the occasional flinches when the needle would prickle his skin.

As Edward was bandaging Hunter's arm, a knock sounded on the door. Then moments later, Damien entered and leaned against the wall watching silently.