Chapter9

Hello everyone! Here I am with another update.

This chapter is unedited.

Enjoy reading!

******************************

Jackson's session started at 5 pm. Anna entered the room that looked like a large gym equipped with various machines, punch bags, barbells, dumbbells and other supplies she didn't recognize. What caught her attention were tall figures standing at the far end of the wall. They looked like robots with hair and skin like humans. This camp surprises her more and more every passing second. She stood beside Lillian and Diana who were chatting about who knew what. She was tired and hoped the last training of today will end quickly so she can rest her sore body.

Her gaze darted towards Hunter who was leaning against the wall closing his eyes and seemed trying to relax. A happy feeling crossed Anna's heart since he was alone and not with Tatiana clinging to him like earlier. Anna was confused by his attitude, one minute he was by her side and claiming himself as her protector and the other minute, he was ignoring her and didn't even look at her.

Anna was snapped from her thoughts when Jackson made his appearance and stood in the middle of the room. He was the only Salviatti who smiles all day even if it was a smirk more than of it being a smile.

"This is our first session in the camp so I will go easy on you little kids," he spoke with his cocky tone and Anna could swear the look in his eyes contradicted with his words. "At the beginning of each training session, I will choose two of you to spare and I will evaluate them so I can know their level in fighting and according to the results, I will pick which art of self-defense I will teach you. For the time being, I will introduce you to the basics of fighting and self-defense. Do you have any querying?"

When no one expressed any signs of asking questions, Jackson nodded and clapped his hands.

"So, I will announce the first two who will fight against each other."

Anna felt her heartbeats quickening and prayed to heavens he won't pick her.

"Hunter you will......" Jackson was interrupted by Lillian.

"I will fight him."

Lillian words got everyone in the room intrigued, even Hunter moved from his position against the wall and raised his eyebrow in question.

Jackson laughed wholeheartedly knowing very well his sister has hidden intentions and wouldn't be afraid to express them openly. He nodded his head in approval and gave them the sign to start.

"Lillian and Hunter, to the center of the room."

With a sigh, Hunter moved to the center of the room waiting for Lillian to walk there. The two stood facing each other. Lillian was shorter than him and her bone structure weaker than his but he would never underestimate her. The girl is fast and knows how to land hard and well-located hits. Hunter was confused about why Lillian was adamant about fighting him but knowing his crazy cousin, he will find out pretty soon. He didn't want to be the first one who took action. So he stood in a defensive stance waiting for her to attack.

Anna watched in fascination as Lillian moved so quickly and tried to land a punch in Hunter's stomach direction but as if he was expecting her action, he dodged it skilfully and slapped his assailant's hand soundly. Lillian moved a few steps back and glared at her cousin. Then with renewed energy, she attacked him once again. Anna wasn't an expert in fighting skills but from her observation, she concluded that Lillian has a good strategy by tiring her opponent and distracting him by her fast movements, then waiting for the right moment to hit him hard.