"Mamma?" Stephanie asks while looking around; keeping her hand wrapped around a lock of my hair. Scott looks over at me in concern. He probably doesn't want me to say the wrong thing which I would never do that to her.

"You'll see her again." I tell her softly and she smiles as if she really understands that. My heart aches for her and Mike. Christine's husband was absolutely in love with her, you could see it in his smile. Stephanie's only three years old and probably won't remember much of her mother who she will now have to grow up without. Christine was so excited when she found out she was going to be a mom. That was all she talked about. Now she's gone.

Mike and my mom join us again and the ceremony begins not long after. I start crying halfway through it and others do too. Some more than others. I zone out a couple of times and Scott nudges my arm each time to bring me back to reality. The memories of me and Christine just keep replaying in my head and I don't fight them.

Mike walks us back to our car after the funeral and makes small talk with the three of us because he seems like he desperately needs people to talk to. I know the feeling. Scott gets into the car before either of us and my mom exchanges a few words with Mike to make sure he knows that we'll always be there for him when he needs us. Before I get into the car I turn towards Mike and he looks at me knowing that I want his attention.

"Christine wrote me a letter. She wanted me to tell you that she did what she had to do." I tell him and tears start forming in his eyes. We exchange a look and within that looks he knows what happened to Christine. He knows what happened.

Stiles and I have been in and out of the hospital for the weekend to watch over Lydia. I've been peering over my mom's shoulder while Stiles is taking up the seats in the waiting area to take a nap. On the way here we stopped at the store to buy a small balloon that reads 'Get well soon', since I'm too antsy and probably would've lost the balloon right away, I tied it around Stiles' wrist during his nap. I'm standing next to my mom, watching her put medicine away when Mr. Martin steps out of Lydia's hospital room and starts to silently judge Stiles. Mr. Martin gestures my mom over.

"They've been here all night." He points out quietly. Before my mom can answer I quickly interrupt.

"Actually Mr. Martin, we've been here all weekend. We're worried about Lydia and we just wanted to make sure she's doing better." I explain while crossing my arms over my chest. Stiles has been mumbling and talking during his nap so when a nurse walks over to collect the garbage by Stiles he says:

"You're dirty." In his sleep. The lady gives him a disgusted look and I chuckle. When she walks away his eyes flutter open.

"Well hello, Sleeping Beauty." I say with a smile while walking towards him. He smiles back and sits up in a chair while swatting the balloon away from his face. The helium balloon slightly sways along with Stiles' arm while he sits up in the chair.

"I'm hungry." Stiles tells me and I laugh while sitting next to him.

"Well, child, there's a vending machine around the corner." I answer and he smiles before standing up from the seat; the balloon smacking him the face while doing so.

"Wait, Stiles." I say and he turns around to face me. I gently grab his wrist and untie the balloon before clutching onto the thin string while he makes his way to the vending machine. I tie the balloon to the arm of the chair before slumping in the seat. I haven't been able to get proper sleep for the whole weekend due to staying here in the hospital. Saturday morning was the only time I wasn't in the hospital because of Christine's funeral. The only good news is that Lydia's doing a lot better, she's been walking around and getting lippy with the nurses which is also a sign of her recovery. I close my eyes while resting my head against the wall behind me, taking in the silence. When I am able to sleep I normally have nightmares of Peter trying to kill me. My lack of sleep isn't just because of the uncomfortable seats in the hospital lobby. A loud crash comes from afar which makes me jump up from the seat. I swat away the balloon before running down the hall and turning the corner where the noise came from. My eyes widen at the sight of the fallen vending machine and Stiles standing beside it. I sigh while a small smile forms on my face.