He looked at me (43)

Everything was going fine before Terrence freaking Bouquet walked up on the stadium to ask his side of the questions.

"With this evidence put into place, would you like to tell us the reason behind Brandon holding the knife to Emerald's throat?" He asked, folding his hands and staring deeply into his eyes.

The judge glared at the witness, Fred, "Don't even think about lying mr. Gibson. Next time, you'll be charged with perjury."

Fred looked at his shaking hands, "Brandon was trying to threaten her boyfriend, Ahmed Wahab."

Fuck.

There was only one thing I wanted and one thing only. I wanted Ahmed to stay out of this whole thing. This is a life issue about me and I don't want Ahmed involved in it.

"He's the reason this whole thing started in the first place." Said Fred, "He owed us fifty grand. Emerald said if we give him six more days, he'll show up with the money. That wasn't the case."

What Fred was saying interested the audience for a fact. I was actually kind of interested myself. He was saying things I didn't think I would hear today.

The lawyer didn't seem to hear this story, "Please, continue."

"Emerald involved herself in this crap we had on Ahmed. Her night we were at Starbucks was a warning."

The lawyer decided to stop him there, "Its obvious that Brandon never killed Emerald that night. But what exactly did he do to her?"

Fred frowned, scratching his head "The strangest thing happened that night though. We were in the middle of sending a message when suddenly, Brandon had a seizure. And the rest of us blacked out."

I remembered that day like it was yesterday. I remember that happening from the moment it happened. That was the first time Allah came to me. That was the first time Islam made a difference in my life.

This surprised the audience to a different level, "Is there a chance you were drugged maybe?"

Fred shook his head. At least he's honest, "I swear we were never drugged. It was the craziest thing ever, Brandon was caught having a seizure and as we were all going to help him, We ended up passing out ourselves."

The lawyer, walked around "Okay. With all this new information coming to court, do you think that Brandon's main concerns were on Emerald or her boyfriend...Ahmed?"

Great, the whole world thinks we're dating now. I looked towards the back and winked at Ahmed. I heard him snort before making it clear that we aren't dating by shaking his head.

"Brandon's main concerns were on Ahmed Wahab. Some history in the past. I'm sure it wouldn't entertain this testimony though."

The lawyer nodded saying he had no further questions and then That's when my lawyer decided to call another witness. This one, was a witness from my side.

Terrence looked at the audience expectantly, "We have now come to know that Emerald's friend, Ahmed, is the main reasons for Brandon's wrong doing in this case. Maybe Emerald Green got raped, but my client is not the man for that. The relations between Emerald and Brandon is simply a coincidence and nothing more."

"It's the connections that got her raped," Said my lawyer standing up, "This might be a fight between Brandon and her friend Ahmed but in order to be a threat to him, they would take someone he cares about."

"We can't speak for the man ourselves can we?"

My lawyer slammed her hand on the table, "Accusing my client of lying is only going to—"