LOOK AT ME (22)

I deleted this chapter and the others because I needed to fix a little something. If you've read it before than you'll notice it.
________________________

Four days will soon turn into three days in about five hours.

It's literally seven right now, the sun is going down. Me and Ahmed we're sitting in his car, talking about possible ways to go through this problem without getting jumped. We know that Avery called her cousin Brandon we just know it. As soon as we left she had her phone to her ear and three days will soon turn into no days. Rather it'll just be a few minutes from now.

"We can always hide?" I suggested, "my house? My dad wouldn't mind. He's probably fixing an drawer or something."

"We can't run. Avery knows where you live." He pointed out and he was right. Avery does know where I live. And Avery is also helping them, I know that for a fact. How else would you explain the familiar hands that gripped around my wrists the other night?

"We can go to downtown? Maybe go to Walmart, spend our night there."

"You can't be serious."

"Give me a better idea!"

He sighed, "I don't know what to tell you. You should've never involved yourself in my shit."

Something about him seemed different. There was something in the air, I couldn't quite get it. But it was thick, something I wasn't a stranger to.

He was worried.

His voice shakes a bit when he wished I hadn't brought myself into it. What can I say? It's who I am. I'm an expert when it comes to 'not minding my business.' And I think Ahmed knows that now.

"I'm sorry." I stated, "I really should've just let you get stripped to ur undies, and left you on the street to suffer."

He glared at me.

"How about we take a break huh?" I unbuckled my seatbelt, "There's no way your old town friends know where we are. There's a Starbucks near by. I got some change in my wallet, I can get us some coffee. Now what would you like."

"Emerald, this is serious."

"What would you like?" I asked once again, widening my eyes and giving him a look insisting that we do take a break. Life doesn't depend on us you know. Why do we have to be in pain all the time, trying to figure out where to get a bunch of money? Terrible.

I can tell he didn't want to give in. But knowing me, he was forced to, "Caramel Frap."

I hoped out the car giving Ahmed a wink. We can get through this, we're a team. I mean, maybe this is what I wanted after all. To be a team.

I've never been happier. Ever since Ahmed came to school, I've been the happiest. School isn't a pain, Avery is no longer competing with me and I have no more bruises to cover. Life is going good for me. Now all I need is for Ahmed to like me. That's all.

When I entered Starbucks, there was a line. It was that long but it was worth waiting. Like usual, there were a bunch of white girls in a group waiting for their orders while talking about one direction or 2010 Justin Bieber.

The store was full today, a bunch of people taking over the seats in the store. I noticed that none of them were girls, just a bunch of guys sitting together in seats. They were talking and bonding.

There was also a man in a suit. He also had a suitcase. He had freckles on his face, eyes shaped like stress balls, and a nose as sharp as an acute angle. His hair was dark green with blonde highlights, and it was straight. He was a white man of course, buying Starbucks.