LOOK AT ME (7)

New chapter for a new dayyyy. I'm going to start putting questions of the book and readers soon :) how are u guys liking or hating it so far 😂 i really like my characters guys and I hope u like them too :)
_____________

I was in Fatima's neighbourhood right now.

The houses here were huge. It looked like there were so many unnecessary spaces. These house looked like they cost about half a million dollars! Why did Fatima come to a poor cheap school like Harper Hills? Sure it was huge, but what else was there good about that place? I'm telling you, our school can barely afford proper electricity. Sometimes it wouldn't even be storming outside and our lights would suddenly turn off. Our school is so cheap, our washrooms don't all have doors.

Come on now.

What I don't understand is how Fatima couldn't come out on weekdays? I didn't even ask my dad to come here. I guess it's because he trusts me. I told him I was going to a friends house. He asked me who and I said this girl in my math class. He asked me about her and how we became friends and I told him a lie about us being partners or something. He soon agreed and let me go.

I couldn't just tell my dad the real reason as to why I was going to her house. I wouldn't want him to know I'm curious about other religions. He would kill me! He'd sit down with me, have a talk with me, and then hope that I'm convinced.

I mean I do believe in Jesus Christ. I am a believing Christian. I'm not going to Fatima's house because I want to learn. I'm going to her house to further understand Ahmed. And maybe just maybe get some help with him.

I looked down at the note in my hands with Fatima's address on it and at the house in front of me. Yup, this is it.

I walked through their driveway and up on the porch, staring at the large doors in front of me. It humongous! I can see my reflection on their glass door. It looked so clean like they clean it every time someone gets their hands on it. Afraid that I would mess up their clean glass door, I decided to ring the bell the small button on the corner.

After maybe a minute of waiting, I heard footsteps approaching and felt the door slowly open.

I already had a smile planted on my face, my teeth showing. The person who opened the door was a male who looked like he was in his late forties. He had a long beard that was brown and some orange in it. He had barely any hair, a long white dress thing on too. It must be her dad.

Orange beard? Why is his beard orange?

He eyed me strangely. And with a very thick accent, he spoke: "Who are you?"

What? Fatima didn't tell him I was coming over?

I smiled at him regardless, "Emerald. I guess Fatima hasn't told you about me." I let a hand out for him to shake.

He looked down at my hand and then shook his head before calling Fatima down.

Wow, so you don't even want to shake hands with me? Seriously?

Fatima came down a little bit after making her way to the front door. Her was so long and black like mine, reaching up to her knees. It was straight and so clean I just wanted to run my hands through. Do all Muslim girls look this flawless?

After noticing that it was me, she informed her father in her language before her father agreed and soon walked away. She lead me to her huge bedroom where a large bed sat in the middle. I slopped onto it.

What? I was just making myself at home. Even though Fatima didn't say to, I did it anyway.

"Why didn't you tell me your dad was so strict? He looked so grumpy while trying to understand me." I asked, shoving my face in her pillow.