LOOK AT ME (2)

Hey guys. Here's the second chapter!! I wrote a lot of chapters actually and I'm going to let it at least one chapter everyday for now :) that's good right? Consistency is the key 🔑 hope u enjoy

— Emaan (ps: most of these are unedited so don't get your panties in a twist :) )

________

I gripped my bag, thinking about him.

He was tall and lean. He was everything I've never seen before, everything I've never paid attention to. I felt attached to him already, the way he chose to help me instead of just standing there and doing nothing. He did it from the kindness of his heart— and something tells me that I'll see him again in another occasion.

I wasn't the only one obsessing over him. I wasn't the only one thinking about him every second of the hour. The whole school was talking about him, even the boys. They talked about how they wished they could be his friend, maybe try out for a team. The girls, Well, they had their hopes and dreams. They had hoped and dreams that would most likely never come true, (based on his attitude.)

I watched him all the time now. My eyes glued to him like a magnet. I realized that I owed him a thank you, to show him my gratefulness and how much I appreciated his help. He was standing by his locker, taking out some binders and some notebooks. He emptied some of his bag and then refilled it with things he might need right now.

I stood by the hallway, staring at him like he was one of the most beautiful-lest creature I've ever seen in my 17 years of living. I shifted my feet, biting my lip and gripping my bag, continuing the cycle.

He looked so good with that shirt. That tee shirt that was loose on his arms but for him perfectly around his torso. His hair was curly and rough. Every time he loved, his curls would bounce, making me want to hold it and bounce it myself like a spring. He had bright blue jeans and white sneakers.

I brought my hands to the wall, peeking at him. Good lord.

Then I saw a flash of a light, and a girl with a camera on the other side of the hall. She was laying down on her belly, trying hard to be undercover as she took pictures of the beautiful boy in front of us all. She stuck her tongue out, moving her phone from different angles so she can take 'the perfect picture.'

The boy noticed the girl laying on the ground, and she tried to be discreet. She wore all black almost like a super spy as she did somersaults to escape the scene.

How dramatic.

He rolled his eyes at the girl's stupidity and turned his back towards me while continuing to do what he always did.

I found this as my chance to approach him, thank him, and then get lost. Just like I had planned.

I took a deep breath, throwing my hoodie over my head. I shoved my hands in my pockets before whispering to myself, don't humiliate yourself Emerald. Don't humiliate yourself.

I fixed my composure before tugging my sweater down and take three long steps towards him. Half way there, I stopped cursing at myself, I can't do this.

I was so nervous, my hands were sweaty. I bet my cheeks were burning and my entire body just felt hot. Almost as hot as him— okay, contain yourself. Please, contain yourself.

I took another deep breath before walking again. Almost there to him, I took a U-turn back to the wall I had come from.

How hard is it to say thank you? It's not that hard, my subconscious told me.

I sighed, turning my head back to look at him once more. What if he turns out to be just like everyone else? What if he begins to hate me, and start mocking me just like the rest of this school and Avery's rug rats? What if he just think I'm annoying or what if he thinks that I'm a loser or a creep or both.