Chapter 1: New school

Kylie's POV

"Kylie, get up! You need to get ready for school!" mom shouted from downstairs. I groaned, I didn't want to get up, I was still tired. Summer had just ended, it was the first day of school. This was a special day for me because I'm going to a new school. We moved here just before summer started because my dad got a job offer here.

At first I thought this whole situation would suck, but on my very first day here, I met a girl, named Taylor. She told me she was the same age as me and that we were going to the same school. After that we saw each other more often and became really close, so I wasn't to scared for this new school. If everyone's going to be as nice as she is, it'll be amazing.

I got up from bed, dragged my feet to the bathroom. I looked into the mirror, I looked horrible, it's like I just died... I got in the shower, washed my hair (I had orange-brown hair) and got dressed. I went downstairs to where my mom was making some food.

"Hey sweetie, did you sleep well? It's your first day in this new school." mom said excited.

"Mom! Don't make me any more nervous than I already am!" I said as I poured some cereals in a bowl.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I just hope everything's going to be alright." she said, afterwards she came to sit down next to me. "So, is your friend going to pick you up?" I nodded. "What's her name again? I always forget."

"Taylor." I said, eating faster because I had to go.

"Oh, that's right!" mom said as she smiled at me. "Oh Kylie, your dad and me won't be home early this evening, so I made you something for tonight, you just have to reheat it."

"Alright mom, but I have to go now, I'll see you tonight." I said as I grabbed my backpack and walked to school. Yes I had to walk, I don't have a car like everyone else. My parents actually said that I could have one, but I didn't need it, not yet anyway. School was maybe 15 minutes away from my house if you would walk to it, that's not far. Besides, the fresh air is good to calm down and to think about stuff.

I closed my eyes for a brief moment when I suddenly heard a horn next to me. It scared the shit out of me! I turned around and saw Taylor in her car, waving like nothing had happened, when in reality I suffered from a minor heart attack.

I walked to her car and got in. "Hey Kylie! Are you ready for school?"

"Who's ever ready for school?" I asked, looking to the road. "Shouldn't you be driving instead of parking in the middle of the road?"

"Oh right." she said as she turned on the engine again. She wasn't in a hurry to drive, she clearly didn't hear the many horns behind us. I sighed and sunk into my seat, wanting to be in school already.

_______________________________________

"So here's the administration. Oh, we'll get your schedule now." Taylor said as she pulled me with her. I felt like a tourist with a guide who was in a hurry. Taylor pulled me with her to administration and got mine and her schedule, she compared them and smiled. "We got almost everything together, expect this." she said as she pointed to my schedule.

She pointed to English. I looked at her schedule, she also had that with me. "You also have that with me, dummy." I said as I nudged her in the side.

"No, look at the teacher. I have Mr.Hayes while you have Miss Moore."

I looked at it and noticed she was right. "To bad, that's the only thing that separates us...stupid teachers."

"You don't even know any of these teachers in here." Taylor said as she pulled me with her to our lockers. Our lockers were not that far away from each other, so we could walk to them together.

"I already know I hate them, they separate me from you." I said as I pouted.

"Aw, don't pout, little girl. Be a good girl and behave in class." Taylor said, mimicking a mother.

"Yes mommy." I said in a child voice. Taylor nudged me in the side and got to her locker. I went to mine, we could still see each other, but if we wanted to talk then we had to shout. I was busy, trying to get this stupid thing to open when I suddenly felt strange. I looked around me but I didn't saw anything. I ignored it and finally got my locker open.

________________________________________

School went by pretty fast, maybe it was because I was with Taylor all day. We really had so much fun together, we laughed a lot, talked a lot. The teachers didn't mind to much because it was the first day of school, but also because I was the new student. Which made me wonder if Taylor didn't had friends before I was here, but I didn't want to ask, maybe I'll scare her away by asking that.

Last period was going to start and I was seriously thinking about skipping it. I didn't want to go because I would be alone, but also because it was last period and English! What the hell is she going to tell us?

Taylor convinced me - well actually she pushed me inside the classroom, so I had to go. And right now, here I was, waiting with my classmates for the teacher to arrive. She was already late, great first impression. And she had to make a really good impression on me, she's the reason Taylor and me got separated from each other.

After 15 minutes, she finally entered the classroom. "I'm sorry for being late everyone!" she said as she put down her bags. She went to stand in front of her desk and leaned against it. Now that I had a good look on her, I could see she had black, long hair and dark green eyes. She had to be around 27, maybe 28, but no more than that. "We'll start today with everyone of you introducing yourself to each other and me."

She pointed some guy in the back and he started telling his name... I sat in the middle at the left side, next to the windows. Once it was my turn, class was almost over, and we weren't even past the half of the class. "Your turn." Miss Moore said to me and motioned for me to stand up.

I did and introduced myself to everyone, again. "Hey everyone. I'm Kylie, I'm 17 years old. I'm an only child, my parents aren't home much. My best friend's Taylor, but she isn't in this class. Oh, and I'm a lesbian." I said, I wasn't ashamed to admit that, Taylor knew too and she was actually proud of me because I was this open about it. My parents knew too, they supported me from the very beginning which I'm very thankful for.

"Alright, Kylie." Miss Moore said and smiled at me in a way I didn't like. Again I felt this weird feeling inside of me, I tried to ignore it but it won't go away just like last time. After a few seconds of staring at each other Miss Moore averted her attention to the boy in front of me, which caused the strange feeling to be gone. "Next one, your turn." she said to the boy.

That was weird.

_______________________________________

Hi everyone, thanks for reading this story, I hope you'll going to like it. This story is also a studentxteacher story, but it's a little bit different than my previous stories.

Thanks again for the reads, votes and comments :)

-LxT4ever