Chapter 47 | Her Real Mr. Right.

Dylan

Dylan

Mira was extremely quiet the next morning. I could not understand what it was that I wanted to say and should say. Last night's breakdown seemed to have exhausted her mentally as she roamed about in her room, just pointlessly moving things even though her bags were all packed. My family waited downstairs to see her off as I stood at the foot of her bed waiting for her. We would go downstairs whenever she was ready.

A light knock sounded and the door opened. Two bellboys stepped in and collected the luggage before closing the door behind their backs as they left. I planned to drive her to her hotel but Mira didn't want it. I'd been stunned when she said it'd be too hard to say goodbye. She was never one to openly express her feelings but she was just as devastated as I was. She would not have cried, had she been not.

I hadn't bothered to dress up or even waste time prepping myself up as I did everyday. I was by Mira's side barely five minutes after I had woken up. And for good reason. She was exactly how I thought she'd be, calm and close-mouthed but I could feel her distress radiating off her in quick, quiet waves. I knew she'd need me to be there. To simply just be there by her side and silently support her.

A few moments passed. It was so quiet I could almost hear the clock ticking, it's sound steadily echoing through the now empty room where none of Mira's belongings lay any longer, organised in their own little places. Mira turned, trying to put on a small smile. A spark of hope.

"Let's go." She said looping her arm into mine. "I'm ready."

I nodded and clasped her hand with my other hand as we walked out.

My mom and dad were waiting for us downstairs. Valerie looked like she was about to cry any second and Alex wasted no time in running up to us. I half-expected him to hug both of us but he literally just jumped onto Mira, hugging her as far as his little arms would allow him to go. Who the hell was I kidding? This little guy was smitten with Mira, totally and utterly.

"Mira, please. I don't want you to leave." He whined which was so unlike his usual 'I'm 13 but I'm gonna act like I'm 18 self'.

Mom and dad, they looked depressed-to say the least. Mom was shocked when I'd told her about Mira's mother wanting her daughter to move out of our house. Had I not been so overwhelmed myself, I'd almost have felt upset that she was worrying so much about someone other than her own kids. But then again she had always treated Mira like her own daughter. It sure was a rude shock for her to see her leaving not very long after Mira had just begun to feel at home at our place.

As for dad, he was just sad that I was going to have to let go of the only girl that had ever mattered to me. He was still the same die-hard romantic that he had been when he had met my mom. He thought that once you found the one you love, you should never let them go, no matter what the cost and he knew that Mira was the one for me.

I was greatly doubting myself. I was uncertain if my decision to let Mira go was right. I was scared that I'd lose her forever. "If he can wait for you for four years, I'll take that he shall be able to love you for forty." Mira's mother's voice played in my head. I did not like the doubt lingering behind that sentence but I knew that if I wanted Mira, I'd have to prove myself to her mother first. Prove that I was not like her father who'd go back on all the vows and abuse her. Prove that I was in fact, the only man for her.

Her real Mr. Right.

I did not let go of Mira's hand as she went around accepting tearful goodbyes from the family as well as the staff. I remembered how she'd first set foot in this house and won everyone's hearts despite being the shy girl she was and felt a wave of nostalgia hit me.

God, I was acting like a pussy.

Straightening my shoulders, I walked Mira out, my family following behind. Mira stepped into the car and as I looked at her fading silhouette waving at us from the backseat, I knew full well that it was perhaps the last I was going to see of her for the next four years.

Ok guys, I'm sorry

Ok guys, I'm sorry. Not.

But please don't kill me. The good parts are yet to come so hang in there with me. At this point, the story is basically writing itself. I'll just give you a spoiler. (This is a happy ending)

Don't worry, I have a perfect ending planned for this (or so I think) but yes, I do have a lot in my mind. The story is nearing completion with just 3-4 chapters left to be published including the epilogue. If I feel like it, I'll also think about adding some bonus chapters later on:)

For now, don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow😇

Lots of love 😘