26 (II)

Warning- Unedited. Sorry for mistakes.

♡♡♡♡

Mira

I got into Dylan's car. Jayden following suit. Dylan got into the driver's seat. Chase in the front and Dennis next to Jayden.

I was sitting next to the window such that Jayden sat next to me. I was really uncomfortable sitting next to Jayden. Not that I doubted his intentions but the guy was too much of a flirt for my liking. And he couldn't stop when I was fully dressed, so my hopes were pretty weak now that I was in really really short shorts.

Oh god save me.

I thought as I peeked at Jayden who was glancing at my exposed legs. I turned red and pulled my beach bag onto my lap, covering my thighs.

Jayden quickly looked away, a faint blush on his cheeks as he fidgeted uncomfortably.

Awkward.

I heaved a sigh. This was going to be one long trip.

"Yo Jay Jay, you mind driving?" Dylan called out suddenly from the front seat as he gazed at us intensely, his jaw working as he furrowed his eyebrows. Almost as if he was trying to stay calm, when actually he was exploding on the inside.

His voice was icy cold and had a dangerous edge to it, the fondness that he usually had for his friends gone as his eyes moved from him to me and then back to him again. I knew something was bothering him but I did not know what.

"What? I don't want to drive." He shrugged when he saw Chase and Dennis look at him weirdly.

"No problem. I'll drive." Chase offered but Dylan did not seem to like the idea very much.

"And let you crash my baby into some pole when you're speeding down the road like a lunatic? No thanks." He snorted.

"Just say it, man. Say that you want me to drive so that you get to-" Jayden began but was cut off by Dylan who began abruptly.

"Dude stop. Okay? I don't want to drive, that's it. There's nothing in it for me. Just get your stupid ass over here and fucking drive." He shrugged as he spoke hurriedly.

I cringed at the harsh language.

He was definitely hiding something judging by the way he looked so flustered all of a sudden.

Jayden looked at him baffled. "Who said anything about something being in it for you?

Dylan's eyes widened momentarily as I gawked at the two of them, surprised.

"Yeah, I uh...I know." Dylan muttered absently as he got out of his seat and walked up to my side in two long strides. Soon the door on my side was being opened.

I got out to let them talk. I didn't want two guys arguing over my head such that I would have to tilt my head back painfully in order to protect my ears from all the talking, so I just stepped out.

"Jayden. Just go and drive, man." Dylan gestured Jayden to step out, ignoring the amused looks he was getting from Chase and Dennis.

Jayden got out, confused and sullenly took the driver's seat. Dylan got in where Jayden was moments ago and chuckled at Jayden's sour expression.

"Chill dude, you got the better end of the deal." He leaned forward to pat Jayden on the shoulder. "You get to drive my baby." He smirked as Jayden pouted in annoyance.

Bipolar much?

"Though your end is definitely better..." Jayden tapped his chin thoughtfully, winking conspiratorially at Dylan at which colour rise to Dylan's cheeks. "Your baby'll do. For now." He added grinning cheekily.