30

Mira

"Dylan Lorenzo Scott, you come back here. This. Very. Instant." I yelled at the top of my lungs as I ran after Dylan, following him outside the cafeteria.

"Not happening, princess." He looked back for a split second to shout back at me, a huge grin plastered across his lips.

Gosh, he looked so handsome.

Now is NOT the time, Mira. I chided myself as I forced myself to move faster.

Dylan was sprinting way ahead of me, my spectacles (well, fake ones) and my chemistry textbook clutched in his hand. I was so furious with him. Why did he have to run off with my things like that?

God, this was so mortifying. I wonder what the students in the cafeteria would be thinking of me right now. It wasn't everyday that they saw a nerdy, brown girl running after 'The Dylan Scott' screaming like anything, shouting at him to return her things.

Besides I was sure they were all familiar with me by now, me being brown and all. Not that I minded being the only brown girl in my year but it did get a bit annoying to always stand out-like a coffee bean in a plate of salt. Moreover, I didn't exactly have calm and quiet experiences in the cafeteria and what was worse, that this was becoming a habit of mine to embarrass myself in front of a couple hundred students which obviously wasn't a big deal.

Cue the sarcasm.

I stopped to catch my breath and to my surprise Dylan stopped running too.

"Dylan please, just give me my things okay." I wheezed clutching at my knees. I had followed him across the football field and don't blame me-I did not have legs as long as Dylan's and I most certainly was not as fit as he was.

Stupid health freak.

Why did he have to be so fit?

"Not before you answer me." He said, panting ever so slightly.

"That was a very irrational question." I glared at him as best as I could in my weariness.

"It wasn't. Besides, you said you'd come, didn't you? So why the second thoughts?"

"No. I don't remember anything of the sort." I lied through my teeth. I remembered telling him that but right now I could not give him his answer because truth be told, I myself did not know the answer.

"Don't play dumb, niña." I felt his voice coming nearer and nearer. "We both know, you're anything but that."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I stood to face him.

Dylan stepped closer. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. Why'd you refuse to come?"

"I have to study you know, unlike some people I know" I tried acting all casual.

"On a weekend?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?" I crossed my arms.

"Nothing. But last time I checked, going back on your word is. I may or may not be a big fan of studying but I sure am not a fan of that." Dylan considered.

"Dylan, you don't understand." I flung my hands desperately. "Can't you see? I'm a nervous wreck and I haven't even reached the party yet. Its still twenty four hours away and I'm so afraid. I said yes, okay. I did but am I not entitled to change my decisions? Especially when I feel so unsure of the decision I've taken? Tell me." I said.

There was silence. I hated the silence between us.

I guess he hadn't realised how anxious I was because it showed on his face now; the realisation that perhaps I was getting cold feet.