31

Mira

"Aaaaaaah, remind me to never ever let you anywhere near me with wax!" I shrieked as Renee pulled away a waxing strip from my arms, a stony expression on her face. The girl was heartless. Did she really not care if I was undergoing sheer physical torture at her hands?

Nope.

From the way, she was hell bent on getting rid of every single hair on my body, certainly not and even though I had shaved just recently, she was here ripping off even the smallest and the most non-existent of hair from off my body.

It was sheer torture.

Remind me to never get waxing done again, at least not by Renee. She was brutal and stone-hearted with hot wax in her hands. In short, hot wax and Renee were a lethal combination.

"Shut up and sit up straight," Renee commanded, engrossed in her job as she pulled off another strip from my arm and I bit back a shout.

Her hand held my skin tightly. "You are so not making this any easier for me, Renee." I groaned. Renee did not respond but she did loosen her grip slightly.

"I'm sorry if it hurts but I'm almost done." She said in a soothing voice when I winced again.

"About time," I muttered dryly and held out my arm straighter for her to wax.

After Renee was done inflicting the torture of waxing on me and was sure that my skin looked smooth and well, hair free, she shoved me down on a chair in front of the huge mirror in my dressing room and began opening several drawers in my vanity to reveal hundreds of products that Dylan had bought for me, unused and still packaged. I hadn't even bothered to try any of them except the Kylie Jenner lip gloss, which I actually liked a lot.

Soon enough she had selected a bottle that seemed to be full of some beige liquid, a round container that seemed to have something creamy brown in it, a handful of brushes-big and small, round and flat, another small bottle, another bottle and well.......a whole lot of other bottles.

Yeah, kill me. I did not know the first thing about makeup. Makeup for me was a moisturizer, a mascara, that I used rarely and a lip gloss. But I also knew that what I considered as party makeup, was something that girls wore to bed- so yeah I was a dummy.

Big hoohaa.

"You are one lucky girl, chica." Renee whistled as she looked at my things and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"One Dylan Scott's enough for me, thanks," I rolled my eyes as rubbed my arms. Thankfully they weren't red. Having a wheatish complexion was good sometimes, especially to hide the aftermath of a rough waxing session with your best friend who ripped your hair off your body the way infants cut paper with a pair of scissors that was too big. Messily, carelessly and way too quickly.

"Not that there's another anyway." Renee shrugged. "I mean isn't he just so hot?" She sighed dreamily and put her arm around me.

I swatted her arm away, surprised. "Don't you have a boyfriend, missy?"

"Oh yeah, I do but what's the harm in fangirling a little?" She said slyly. "Afterall Dylan Scott is one fine piece of a-" She began but I beat her to it, slapping a hand across her mouth. "Okay, I don't want to hear it." I gave her a look.

"Fine," She huffed and whirled me around in my chair eyeing me critically. Up and down and then back up again, her eyes analyzing the nerdy me in a white camisole, black sweatpants, glasses and my hair in a loose knot, trying to come up with a way to transform the weird-ass nerd into a wannabe beauty queen.

Ugh, I was much better off as the weird-ass nerd.

Oops! I swore again.

"These," She took off my spectacles and set them on the vanity. "-need to go." She muttered as she looked at me, tapping her chin thoughtfully.