Chapter 5 | Dylan Delicious Scott

Mira

Mira

I jumped out of bed as soon as the alarm rang. I enjoyed a very good sleep and was feeling refreshed which eventually led me to feel happy and cheerful.

And trust me, it didn't happen all that often.

I opened my bedside drawer to find my phone. I shuffled through my music playlist and hit play. 'You Belong With Me' by Taylor Swift came up first and I skipped across the room to select my clothes.

After contemplating for almost ten minutes, I finally decided upon a white slim fit top with a pair of faded ripped jeans and a black and white, striped long shrug. I even accessorised with a golden neck piece and left my hair half up.

After showering, I dressed up quickly and put on my white sandals that went beautifully with my dressy outfit and after collecting my homework assignments, I walked outside the room, locking the door behind me. While descending the stairs I quickly ran my fingers through my hair to take out the tangles. It tended to get messed up really easily as I didn't usually leave my hair open.

I stopped on the way to buy a cup of coffee from the Claude's restaurant and slowly sipping my coffee, I walked towards the University.

When I reached, a big smile spread on my face. Renee stood there waiting for me. I waved at her and she waved back grinning mischievously.

As I neared her she made a 'you look great' sign with her hand and whistled.

"Damn girl, you look fine!" she grinned. "I love your outfit. You're looking fire,"

"Thanks. I just decided to put some more effort  into my appearance today," I smiled back. "Although, I feel this outfit might be a little too blingy," I pursed my lips in afterthought.

"No, you crazy girl!" Renee exclaimed, waving  me off. "To be honest, you look perfect. Way better than those fake barbie doll rejects, trust me." She scowled in the direction of a small group of highly dressed up girls who stood giggling around a tall, athletic-looking guy.

"Who's that?" I gestured towards the guy and Renee scowled.

"I'm barely holding back from knocking that asshole dead right now." She seethed.

"You know him?" I frowned. "I'm pretty sure I haven't seen him before,"

"Yeah, that's Parker. You haven't met him yet." Renee nodded, linking arms with me. "I'm not usually one for much physical contact but I really need someone to hold me back at the moment, or I'm not really sure what I'll do next." She gestured at our linked arms and then went back to glare at the guy who seemed to be completely oblivious of Renee's chagrin towards him.

"Is it the Parker that I know?" I questioned and Renee nodded.

"Yes, the very same piece of shit," She fumed.