Chapter 20

Akajskdjd so sorry for not updating in forever I'm having massive writers blocks askskkdd also thank you for 500 reads!!

~Virgil's PoV~

The four Sides settled for the night, gathering thick branches the make a lean-to, using large leaves and smaller branches to make a temporary shelter. Virgil offered to take watch first and wrapped in a couple blankets he sat outside awake.

He didn't feel tired, his body was stiff with nervousness and the slightest rustle of grass or the creak of a branch set him on edge. Hours went by of Virgil jumping at any noise.

The moonlight was the only light source Virgil had. It has to be past midnight now. He thought. He froze again when he heard the crunch of footsteps on dry earth heading in his directions.

"Who's there?" Virgil called, cursing internally at his shaky voice. The footsteps stopped. The anxious Side stood up, focusing on where the footsteps came from.

After a few minutes he decided to sit back down but felt an arm wrap around his waist and a hand clamped down over his mouth. Virgil's yell of surprise was muffled by the gloved hand as he was dragged into the denser part of the forest.

"I'm going to hurt you." A voice hissed. "So don't be quiet." Virgil recognized the voice.

"Deceit?" Virgil whispered as his hand slipped off his mouth. He backed away. "Get away. Don't you dare hurt me or my friends."

Deceit's eyes flashed with a mixture of hurt and anger. "Why are you never avoiding me?" He demanded. "Every time I do nothing you never leave."

Virgil blinked in confusion. "What?"

"You didn't just leave me!" Deceit cried. "I thought we weren't friends! But you never ignored me."

Virgil felt a stab of guilt. "Look, I'm sorry Deceit it's just-"

"No, I don't understand. I'm everything like Patton is to you." He interrupted bitterly. "I know why I'm even here. I guess I didn't want to say goodbye but I did know exactly how."

"I'm sorry if I ignored you often I was stupid and didn't realize." Virgil whispered, not wanting to wake up the others. He paused, thinking. "....maybe you could come with us?"

Deceit's eyes widened but he shook his head. "Yes. The others will probably never trust me. Definitely not Patton. I should."

Virgil had to admit he was right. "Well...bye. I'm sorry again for what I did to you back then."

Deceit nodded stiffly and began to back away.

"Wait." Virgil grabbed Deceit's wrist and pulled him into a hug. He could feel Deceit's body stiffen before slowly relaxing.

Virgil pulled away. "I'll see you again sometime?"

Deceit gave a small smile. "Maybe." (I mean if it was yes He'd say no and no would be yes but maybe is just maybe right??) and he walked back into the shadows.

Virgil sighed and returned to his spot by the camp and decided to wake up Logan for his turn.

~~~

Virgil woke up from his spot curled next to Patton. A stream of sunlight penetrated through their makeshift roof and woke him up. The anxious Side decided to wake Roman and Patton up and as the two slowly woke Virgil stepped outside to see Logan staring into the distance.

"Hey, you ok?" Virgil asked. Logan blinked and turned to face him.

"Oh, you are awake?" He stood up and pulled the blanket off him. "We should start heading back now. You stated that we're not that far, correct?" He began to walk to the camp.

Virgil nodded. "Are you alright though?" He grabbed Logan's shoulder.

Logan hesitated. "I am not quite sure. The past few days have been pretty eventful and seeing Roman get hurt in a seemingly fatal way-" his voice hitched as he mentioned the princely Side and he stopped and frowned. "It's nothing."

"It's ok to worry about people, you know?" Virgil told him. Logan sighed and pushed his glasses up on his nose.

"Yes, perhaps you are right. Now we really need to get going." The smart Side continued his way to pack his things leaving Virgil standing outside on his own.

Soon Patton walked out, smiling when he saw Virgil. "Good morning, sweetie! How are you feeling"

Sweetie more like sour- "I'm ok. A bit tired though." Virgil responded. "What about you?"

Patton rolled back his shoulders. "I'm a bit sore but that rose did crazy things on me and Roman. Barely any marks left at all." He hugged Virgil and the anxious Side rested his chin on his head. "We're almost home right?"

Virgil nodded. "Probably another forty to fifty minutes. And once we get home we can go to my room and cuddle right?"

Patton laughed. "Yes, that'd be great."

Virgil smiled and held Patton's hands, twining their fingers together. He was so glad that he could still feel Patton's warmth and see his smile.

"Let's go."

Guys were nearing the end of this book ;0 should I do a whole new book (I'm thinking a human au) or a book about Phoebus before Virgil?