Chapter 18.5

~Phoebus's PoV~

Trigger Warning: just one swear word lol

Phoebus woke up in pitch black. He growled, sitting up. He remembered being held down, Roman bleeding and placing his thumb on his forehead before he passed out.

Pathetic! He thought. I'm probably lying there vulnerable.

"WHERE AM I?" He yelled, standing up on his feet. He saw a shadow move in the corner of his eye. "Who are you?" he snarled.

The figure suddenly appeared in front of him. The person was taller than Phoebus and had dark, disheveled hair covering his red eyes. He wore tattered clothes, his dry lips forming a sly smile. Multiple scars littered across his bare arms and face.

Phoebus felt his throat tighten. "Depression." He said, his expression cold.

Depression smirked. "Hello, Fear. Long time no see. Miss me?"

"To be honest, no." Phoebus snapped. Depression's expression darkened and he grabbed the side of Phoebus's face, tilting it up in a painful angle.

"Stop talking like that to me." He growled. He observed his expression.

"Pathetic." Depression shoved Phoebus away roughly. "What have I told you before? You're fear. You can't show any fear, you have to give people fear."

Phoebus breathed in shakily, trying to block out the times he had with Depression before he vanished. "I did what you taught me." He said through gritted teeth. "You should've seen their faces before I ended up here."

Depression's face darkened. "I don't care about the past. What I care is the look you had on your face when you saw me."

He paused. "Or are you scared of me?" His voice was draped with cold amusement. "Are you scared of me after what I did to you and...who was it again? Greed?"

Phoebus stiffened. He couldn't move. He couldn't talk or he knew he'd break. Depression slunk closer, his face a few inches away from Phoebus's.

"Greed was a waste of space. He wasn't important, and he softened you. He deserved to go." He hissed. "But if you'd like to know I can tell you he was thinking of you before he died. You're all he blabbed about before the light faded out his eyes."

Phoebus tried to back away from Depression. He was too close to breaking. "Why are you here?" He rasped. "I thought you vanished for good."

Depression chuckled. "You're in the deepest state of unconsciousness. This is where the sides that fade go."

"Oh, that must mean Greed is here somewhere, doesn't it?" Depression said innocently, noting the faint expression that showed in Phoebus's eyes. "Maybe I should find him for you. Reenact what you missed out on."

Phoebus growled. "Leave Greed alone. You can't even kill him again, he's dead." He choked on the last word.

Depression gave him a sly smile. "Wouldn't hurt to try, would it?"

Phoebus snapped. "No! I've had enough of you trying to control me." Depression's eyes darkened. "All you do is threaten me and hurt me and you killed Greed too! Just leave me the fuck alone!" He yelled, the ground beginning to shake.

Depression looked shocked. "Maybe you have a spine after all." He said smoothly, fixing his face as the ground began to stop rumbling. "But I'm going to always be here, Fear. I'm never going to be far."

Depression faded away, leaving Phoebus alone. He crouched on the ground, still trying to keep his face stone cold. Does Greed miss me? He wondered, a single drop of liquid falling out his eye and landing with a splash on the ground. He had forgotten how crying was like. What the pain in his heart felt like. It was horrible yet comforting at the same time.

He sat there in silence in the darkness, old memories of the time with his friend flooding through his mind once again.

In case you didn't understand, Phoebus was faced by Depression, who vanished (and later died) long ago and was the the first dark side. He was teaching Phoebus how to act they way he should and was also the one to kill his "friend" Greed for making him weak.
Do you still hate him? Or pity him? You're choice