Life can't get any better.

Daneen's POV

I have been lying on my bed for two days. It has been a support system for me. I have his shirt with me and whenever someone comes, I quickly hide it and the rest of time I'm hugging it like my life is depending on it. It has become my source of oxygen.

My room's door opened and I hid his shirt under the pillow and closed my eyes. I didn't want anyone to know that I'm awake, i wanted to be alone. I know it must be maa or bhabhi and they won't disturb me if they know that I'm not up yet.

I felt someone sitting on my bed.. and I kept my eyes shut.

Whoever it is, will go eventually....

I spent a good 15 minuets, pretending to be asleep. But at last opened my eyes. I couldn't act more.

Am I hallucinating ???? No.. no..nooo, it can't be him... what is going on...

I was losing it.

"I know you are not sleeping." Then came his voice.

Ohhh God.. ohh God... I have gone mad.. I'm listening and seeing him... he can't be here.

I put a pillow on my head and started blabbering things. My whole body was shaking.

"Daneenn.. Daneennn.. ssshhhh please calm down.. it's me." He said holding my hands.

And his touch made things worst. I started sobbing uncontrollably, holding him.

"Oh my God.!!! Please stop woman. I don't know what is it with you. Do you want me to go."

That hit hard. He is here and he is talking about leaving. No, no, no, I just can't afford to lose him again. Not again. I will keep him with me, even if I have to beg. I can't lose him now. No, no,

I controlled myself and gripped his hands.

"I'm unable to believe that you are here." I tried to make a sentence during my controlled sobs.

"First, you need to stop crying." He wiped my tears and looked directly at me.

He still felt unreal, "are you for real? Or am I imagining things." I asked in a low voice.

"I didn't remember you being so creative." He smiled a bit and that melted me one more time.  

"Daneen, please stop crying. Your family will think that I'm being harsh on you." After 30 mints of my nonsense outburst. I felt somewhat normal.

"Thank God. You have stopped crying. Can we talk now??"

He was still sitting in the same position and I had his hands in mine.

"Yes." I said without losing my girp.

"How are you??" He asked in a polite tone. Caressing my cheeks.

"How am I?" I asked with confusion. I thought he wanted to talk about, what happened back in US.

"Yes, how are you?" He repeated.

"I'm okay, I guess." Not knowing what he actually meant, I said

"Your family doesn't think you are okay. And trust me I don't know how can you tell them something like this." He said a little puzzled.

"What my family? And what did I say? I didn't tell them anything. I didn't speak a word to them." I don't know from where he had this idea. But I haven't spoken to anyone about us. Our secret is safe with me... wait a minute.

"Did you come here, just because you are worried that I have told them about you and things that happened back there.... really!!" It made me angry and for the first time I loosened my girp on his hands and wanted to shout at him. I was so close to take my anger out on him.

All he is worried about his reputation...

"No, no, my only concern is you." He tried to hold my hands again but after looking at my Deadly glare thought against it

"Ohh please, don't lie now." My voice was getting a bit harsh.

"Daneen, trust me. I am here for you only. And how could I not be here after hearing about your condition." He used a more politer tone this time.

What condition...

"What are you talking about?? What condition. I'm perfectly fine."

"I know you are fine. It has nothing to do with you not being fine."

"Zaky, stop this  right now. And tell me what you are talking about." My anger was rising one more time.

"Your mother said something about your condition." He said hesitatingly.

"Whattt."

What could she say that made him come here, was beyond me.

"She said, you are pregnant." He said looking directly at me.

"Whaaaaaattttttttt." I shouted like anything.

How can she say something like that. And why  is he looking at me like that. He knows better that it can't happen.

"Daneen, say something."

"What do you want me to say." The whole situation was embarrassing

"Is it true?" How can he even ask me that. He knows it can't be true.

"Of course not. And you know it. Look!! I don't know why Maa said this...." he put a finger on my lips and stopped me.

"I knew it was impossible but still I hoped it to be true." He kissed me and we both hugged each other like our life depended on this.

Yes, there were lots and lots of misunderstandings between us but we couldn't care less. We had each other and we both knew that life can't get any better.

Assalam-u-aleikum everyone...

Just wanna know, are you still with Daneen ?? I know I take years to update and those who are still reading Daneen, you guys are the best. And those who have stopped, no hard feelings to you guys i know it's all my fault.

Will be waiting to read your comments