Holy Month

Assalam-u-Alaikum everyone. . How's your Ramadan going? How many hour's fast you are having in your country/city? ?

For non-muslims..

"What are your views about Ramadan... ???"

"Daa... " Abiha shouted from downstairs.

"Yes, sweety" I was finishing my esha prayers when she called.

"They have come back with all the things we needed. Come down" she was so excited.

"Yes sweetheart, I'm just coming" I quickly rolled the prayer mat and went down.

We have been waiting for this day fo a week. The holy month of ramadan has started. It's the 9th month of a muslim year. This month brings countless blessings for muslims. In this month, muslims from all over the world fast from dawn to sunset.

We are called upon to use this month to re-evaluate our lives in light of Islamic guidance. We are to make peace with those who have wronged us, strengthen ties with family and friends, do away with bad habits -- essentially to clean up our lives, our thoughts, and our feelings. The Arabic word for "fasting" (sawm) literally means "to refrain" - and it means not only refraining from food and drink, but from evil actions, thoughts, and words.

Every year in Ramadan, we made hampers for needy people. It contains the main groceries like oil, rice, flour, sugar, salt, milk, spices, lentils etc. This year me and Muhib bhai has added some candies and snacks. It's something that our grandfather started and baba followed and now we all have taken part. Today is the first weekend, so we all will make them. Baba and both my brothers have come after their esha and taraveeh prayers and now we can finally start.

"Daa, see I have placed all the baskets in the hall." She grabbed my hand as soon as I descended from the stairs.

"That's good Abi." I went in the living room where every was seated. Maa and baba were sitting on the sofa with bhabhi and Aniya. And the rest were sitting on carpet. Muhib was making a list of all the things we had.

"Assalam-u-Alaikum.. (may peace be upon you) I said as i walked in

"Walekum Assalam.. (may peace be upon you too) They all replied.

"Bhaijan have you noticed Abiha's excitement?"

"Yes, mashaAllah, she is behaving just like her phuppo (aunt)" he said smiling at me.

The first task was to pile all the items separately.

It was very difficult to keep Zarrar away from the candies pile. After every 5 or 10 mints he started demanding them. First two times Maa gave him the extra ones but then bhaijan refused and he started crying but still bhaijan didn't budge.

We all tried to calm him but were in vain. Suddenly Abiha went to her brother.

"Sshh Zarrar, don't cry." She said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I want thatttt... " he said a little lower than before.

"This is not ours. Remember that day when we were going to school, we saw those kids on the streets who were wearing dirty clothes. And baba told us they don't have any money and food. Don't you want to help them. These all things are for them. " Don't know how much he understood but he didn't cry after that. 

By the time we finished, it was sehri ( pre-fast meal ) time. Maa and bhabhi went to the kitchen to prepare our meal. I insisted to help them but they didn't let me. Bhaijan and baba were discussing about the places they will go to distribute these hampers. And Zarrar and Abiha were sleeping on the sofas. Although she wanted to stay awake to see what sehri looks like. She has heard us talking about it and it fascinates her and also she wanted to see how the dark changes into light but she ended up on the sofa.. adorable isn't she??

To kill the time I thought to irritate my favorite brother..

"Bhai.. how is my other sister-in-law? ? " I asked

" Sshhhh baba will hear us.. " he said looking at him. Baba knows that he talks to Sarah bhabhi before marriage but he doesn't have any idea how often.

"I remember somebody was calling me a coward day before yesterday." I nudged him a little.

"Heyy.. I'm not a coward." He said getting annoyed.

I don't understand why boys show off all the time. Even if they are scared of something they won't accept.

"Yes yes, you are... "

"No, I'm not... "

"Yesssss... "

"Nooo... "

We didn't realize that we both have increased our voice until baba shouted..

"Stop it, you two, you both always behave like kids.. "

"Yes, baba... " we both said at the same time.

And Maa called us all to dining room.

"Daneenn, hurry up child. You have just got 15 minutes left." Bhaijan said.

We were about to sit on the table when we heard Aniya's screeching sound. Bhabhi already sat so I told her to continue. And I went to pick her up. I lifted her off her couch and came to know the reason of her crying. I took her to bhabhi's room and changed her diaper. And that's why I'm late today and everybody has become clocks for me...

"No, she has got only 10 mints now" bhai said. I thought to leave the meal the unfinished. But then bhabhi said.

"Muhib is lying Dani, you still have time. Finish your meal."

"You all are confusing her. We have..." then she glanced at the wall clock and said... "not much time. Hurry up."

I quickly finished it and drank the milk and ran upstairs to brush my teeth. I stopped in mid stairs when baba called me.

"Daneen.. "

"Yes baba.. "

"Come to my room After fajar prayers. I need to talk to you about something."

Whattt...
Ohh noo..
This is not happening to me..

"Yes, baba.." I said and headed to my room.

So, here is chap 4..
What do you think about the story so farr..
Can you guess what Mr.Saleem wants to talk about.. if so
Then what will Daneen do???
Eagerly waiting for your comments..

Don't forget to vote and share my story with your friends.

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=qdv6gklwb4tl&utm_content=mhv3wbj