cloud 9

Zaky's P.O.V

Sleep was my worst enemy for a long time now because whenever I sleep my past haunts me but it was different today. It was the most beautiful night of my existence. I was holding her so close that I was able to hear the beautiful rhythm of her heartbeat and It seemed like I would hear it all day long, day and night, without any break.. sounding cheesy.. I know.. but I guess it's the glory of new found love that has made me a romeo.

She stirred a bit and opened her eyes. I wanted to see her expressions so I stood a bit on my arm and looked directly at her face. She saw me and replayed last night in her mind, I could tell what she was thinking and her blush confirmed that.

"Good morning, Sweetheart." I said emphasizing on the last word.

"Good morning." She replied shyly.

"No sweetheart for me." I said pouting.

"Zaky please.."

"What please.."

"Let me go.." she said moving from my grip but I was not in a mood to let her go. I tightened my girp.

"Zakyyy.."

"What happened Dani.. last night, you were so romantic. You decleared your love for me. Don't you remember." Her blush got deeper and she looked sideways.

"I don't know what you are talking about.." she mumbled.

"Ohh Zaky.. I love you and I will always love you..." I said teasing her

"Are you making fun of my feelings. Is this all a joke to you.." she said with watery eyes.

"Noo.." I never thought she will get hurt. "Don't you dare think like that. I can't even express my feelings, you have made me the happiest person on the whole planet. You and your feelings means a world to me." I mustered all my feelings and kissed her.

"Do you still have any doubt?" She said nothing but blushed again.

"Your blushes will kill me. Please, say something."

"I love you, Zaky." Her face was full of emotions and frozed me there.

"You will really kill me." I had no choice but to kiss her again.

After 30 minutes, I left the bed and went to the washroom. When I came out she was still in her night dress, I hugged her.

"I don't think I will be able to work today. Should I take a day off."

"Your showcase is in two days time." She reminded me.

"Yeah.. yeah.. I know.."

"What would you like in breakfast?"

"Nothing, I'm full." I said picking up my things and going out.

****************

Daneen's P.O.V

I had no idea what to do. I wanted to scream, dance and sing altogether. He loves me too. He loves me too. I kept shouting to all the things in my room.

"Yes, dearestl bed, he loves me too."

I was in my own world when my phone rang.

"Yes, I love you too but there is no need to awake the whole building." My face became the darkest shade of red. But I didn't comprehend a single word. When he realized I wasn't going to say anything he continued, "Don't be ashmed I also wanna scream to the whole world that you are mine. Will see you tonight. Take care." His words specially the word tonight sent butterflies in my stomach.

I called my friends back home and told them my good news. They were all so happy.

I prayed and thanked Allah SWT for giving me him. He was all I could ask for.

I waited and waited for tonight to come. A lot of scenarios were dancing in my mind. When finally, at 8'o clock,  the door opened. He came and looked exhausted. I immediately went to him and took his laptop. He smiled at me and told me that our food is coming any moment.

I was expecting a hug, a warm hug but that didn't come.

But he said in the morning...

"Are you alright, Zaky?" At last I asked.

"I don't know. It was a tough day. I'm just exhausted out of work." He said rubbing his temple.

I didn't say anything but went to him and started rubbing his head. I put some oil and massaged his hair.

"That felt wonderful. Thank you so much Daneen." He said and dozed off.

I was a bit disappointed but didn't say a single word.

You cannot just go and tell someone to hug you or talk romantically with you. It's way too awkward. And also girls have some dignity specially in these kinda situation. 

I kept massaging his head and looked at his sleeping form lovingly. It all seemed like a dream having him on my lap. It was like any moment I will open my eyes and he will go, far, far away.

My past came to me like a bolt of lightening and his memories hit me. Everything seemed as if it happened yesterday. My longing for him, how I used to stalk him on social media. My sleepless nights and also my prayers, they were all fresh in my mind. And that moment all I wanna do, was to hold him tight and never let go.

Instead I clutched his shirt and closed my eyes.

**************

Zaky's P.O.V

When I opened my eyes, first thing I saw, was her face.

She had one hand on my head and second one holding my shirt.

"Daneen.."

"Hhmmm.."

"Why are you sleeping like this?"

"Youweresleepingonmylap."

"What??"

"You were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you up." This time she said slowly and clearly.

"You could have woken me up." I said as if it was the right thing to do.

"No, I didn't want to. You were tired so I let you sleep." She said so innocently that I wanted to hug her but I couldn't move. I was not used to have this kind of affection.

"Please don't do this." I had to say this.

"Whattt, what did I do?" She asked with confusion written all over her face.

"Don't make me love you more than I already do. I can't handle this." I said looking straight in her eyes. I wanted to love her right then and there but stopped myself.

**************

For all those who are still waiting for Daneen. I really wanna keep it going but don't know if I would be able to. Can't make any promises. But will def try to do so.